Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese women too materialistic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-6 12:04:30 |Display all floors
It's a vicious circle.  Men use material and luxury goods to attract young and pretty women as trophies and the women like the bait and status symbols.  True love is absent in the deal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 12:15:02 |Display all floors
Are Chinese women too materialistic?

+++++++++
I voted "Yes" without hesitation.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 12:50:38 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-4-6 11:08
All women are materialistic. Take for example a white women

In fact, this is a good point, although it's not so much a racial issue as it's a social bias based on gender.

Truth is women are considered to be materialistic across the world and in different cultures. Are they inherently money-worshipers and gold-diggers? Are they born to be vain and genetically programmed to be devoid of substance? Of course not.

They are just living in a society where power is held in the hands of men and trying to be independent  -- or not dependent on men -- is quite difficult, if not altogether impossible. With limited ways to earn enough money to satisfy their needs, it is not a surprise to see so many women who are easily attracted to wealthy men.

On another point, how many of these male respondents can actually meet the demands of their wives or girlfriends? They are moaning perhaps because they can't.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 14:04:13 |Display all floors
it's not completely right!!!
http://www.hotgolfsales.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 14:29:45 |Display all floors
I believe this is an inherent trait which can be seen in the mating habits of most animal species. The female will pick according to how the male shows his ability against others to provide healthy offspring and in some instances the ability to provide a future as say with example birds their nest building capabilities. In our modern world I believe many women have this inherited mind-set with some occasionally looking for the man to be caring and gentile. Either way the gorilla or the more gentle types still manage to find a mate, and it does help if you have lots of money. But that can also attract a predator so beware she may be stalking you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 14:49:59 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-4-6 14:29
I believe this is an inherent trait which can be seen in the mating habits of most animal species. T ...

While it's true we humans still have basic animal instincts lurking inside us, I don't believe they are the most important or at least the most immediate motivators.

After all, quite a number of men are also solely attracted to women who are rich (but are not gentle or much older or downright ugly).
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-6 15:11:13 |Display all floors
Yes there are many chinese women interested in money more than love but this is easily explainable by History and culture and, with women in China becoming financially independant, one can hope this trend will end at some point.

I just would like to mention that the only reason this situation is possible is because there are guys who really don't care if their wife love them or not. They just want to have a trophy wife that will make other guys jealous and are willing to pay a lot of money for that. As usual, it's a matter of supply and demand.

Another thing I would like to mention is I don't think Chinese woman are more materialistic than their european counterparts, they just admit it more straightforward. There are many women in Europe who would rather cry in a BMW than laugh on a bicycle, but only in China do you find women who honestly admit it.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.