Views: 25214|Replies: 81

Are Chinese women too materialistic?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-5 13:22:26 |Display all floors

When asked about their general impressions about Chinese women, 20.8% of the respondents -- all male -- say "negative" while 36% say "just so so", according to a recent online poll conducted by the website of the Chinese tabloid Global Times.

Asked "what words will you use to describe Chinese women when you think of them", 9.9% say "money-worshipping" and 9.1% say "vain", two choices with the highest votes.

15.4% of the respondents are also annoyed with their girlfriends' or wives' habit of "striving to match the others in spending or social standing", or more commonly know as "keeping up with the Joneses".

What's your impression about Chinese women? Is the survey valid or is it exaggerated?

Single choice vote, There are a total of 38 people participating in the poll
84.21% (32)
15.79% (6)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-5 13:40:35 |Display all floors
I voted "YES" meaning I find it exagerated although there is a fair share of young Chinese girls who still think that money comes first. Of course, most of them will find out with time that:

"The best things in life are for free!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-5 15:27:22 |Display all floors
I wouldn't say they are too "materalistic", but they are damn too practical.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-4-5 15:32:21 |Display all floors
Are Chinese women too materialistic?

+++++++++
I voted "Yes".
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-5 21:31:35 |Display all floors
Is there anything wrong with such display of inner desires to satisfy a women needs ? It all started with europeans industrialisation and mass consumption, driven by consumer demand of desiring better quality of everything.

Hollywood SC.UM CUL.TURE, promoted by greedy bankers, after WW II, to create fake desires of women needs, through their controlled main stream media, brain washing business, have make this kind worshipping of materialistic, a part of every women life. Even female supposedly religiously devoted to going to church or temple or mosque, have to dress like a slut in order to get their materialistic desires. Nothing wrong with such physical display of female beauty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 09:36:23 |Display all floors
my ex-girlfriend say googdbye to me because of money.she said she didn't feel safe.so......
get busy living ,or get busy dying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 09:44:43 |Display all floors
Chris.chen Post time: 2012-4-6 09:36
my ex-girlfriend say googdbye to me because of money.she said she didn't feel safe.so......

You know, that may just be an excuse for your other failings.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.