Author: aki1

Witness: Tencent Core Photographer Exhibition — Yang Shuhuai [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-31 09:54:11 |Display all floors
“Free Lunch”: May 4th, 2011, in Hunan Province Loudi City Xinhua County Fengjia Town Henglaping Village,at Happy Primary School. That evening, volunteers made supper for the students who lived nearby. The 8-year-old Feng Xian ate very happily, with some rice still left around the corners of his mouth.
6.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:54:48 |Display all floors
“The Zhong Sisters of Huangyi”: December 22nd, 2010, Zhong Rujiu and her big sister Zhong Ruqin, in the ward of Beijing 304 Hospital. Zhong Rujiu said when she was little, her big sister used to hold her warmly like this. On September 10th, 2010, in Jiangxi Province Haungyi County, Zhong Rujiu and her family had a conflict with relocation and demolition personnel due to relocation disagreements. Zhong Ruqin, Luo Zhifeng [Zhong Rujiu’s mother], Ye Zhongcheng [Zhong Rujiu’s uncle], the three of them lit gasoline and set themselves on fire.
7.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:55:08 |Display all floors
“Orphan in the Storm”: June 11th, 2011, China Hunan, in Yueyang’s Linshang City Guanshan Village, Mao Luojian held his dog tight, walking in the ruins. After the mudslide happened, the dog stayed without eating and drinking at the house door waiting for its masters to return. Mao Luojian’s parents were both killed in the disaster.
8.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:55:33 |Display all floors
“Yueyang Mudslide”: June 10th, 2011, at the Old Town government of Linxiang City Zhanqiao County, family members were washing the mud off from the body of their deceased kin.
9.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:55:56 |Display all floors
“Earthquake Teenager”: April 24th, 2010, the light shone into the Hanwang Primary School gym, make it look like an imaginary world on a stage. The handicapped teacher Cui Youjun——who also lost his lower leg——adjusts the dance posture of teenager Guang Lin, who had been amputated because of the Wenchuan earthquake.
10.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:56:22 |Display all floors
“Rural Worker Child’s Summer Vacation”: August 8th, 2009, under the Gaoqiao overpass of Changsha, 13-year-old Yang Qing was lying on the mat, asleep. Over the past few days, he has been suffering from an unrelenting high fever. His mother depends on shining other people’s shoes to make a living. The understanding boy knew it was very expensive to go to the hospital, so he suggested that he come under the overpass for the breeze.
11.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 09:56:39 |Display all floors

“The Rural Worker of a New Generation”: Lu Yongming, 17 years old. “I work as an apprentice in an auto repair shop. Being an apprentice is very hard, sometimes even have to work outside when it rains and snows, it’s wet and cold. In this city, I have a ‘white collar’ big sister, who works in a clean and bright office building. She often buys things for me when she comes to see me. To see my big sister being so refined while I am covered from head to toe in grease, my buddies often joke about me being a ‘black collar’. I don’t like farming, so black collar is still better than ‘mud collar’. The rural life, in one word, boring, in two words, very boring. ‘How long is forever?’ I don’t know.”
12.png

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.