Views: 7163|Replies: 6

Top 10 timeless Japanese cartoons favored by Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-30 15:18:38 |Display all floors
By Lu Na;  China.org.cn

It is not a coincidence that Japanese animation has become a leading force in the cartoon industry. Relying on a meticulous approach, superb skills and colorful subject matter, it controls two-thirds of the global market. In the world's 300 billion Japanese Yen (US$3.6 billion) cartoon market, Japan accounts for 65 percent, according to a statistics of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea.

Japanese cartoons are famous for their colorful styles, including action-adventure, romance, sports and games, historical drama, comedy plus science fiction and fantasy. One after another appeared on screens, attracting and influencing countless young people.

The following 10 Japanese cartoons selected by China.org.cn, are the most famous and popular in their categories, including action-adventure, romance and sports and are highly acclaimed by the Chinese audience.

10. Smart Ikkyu san (一休)

Smart Ikkyu san

"Smart Ikkyu san", a popular cartoon series which was on from 1975 to 1982, told the story of a child monk in Japan who relied on his intelligence and wit to solve various kinds of problems. Chinese mainland television translated and broadcasted 104 episodes from 1983 to 1988, which got a huge response and influenced a whole generation of Chinese.
09. One piece (海贼王)

One piece [3lian.com]

One Piece, one of the most popular cartoons in Japan for over 10 years, also attracted a large following in China. Monkey D. Luffy, a boy with special abilities after eating a certain kind of supernatural fruit, explores the ocean with his crewmembers in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as the One Piece. During his journey, he and his members win one battle after the other and make a lot of friends. The cartoon combined exciting stories with a touching plot, in which some scenes drove thousands of girls to tears.
08. Fist of the North Star (北斗神拳)

Fist of the North Star [tupian.hudong.com]

Fist of the North Star, one of Japan's most classic cartoons , was introduced to the Chinese mainland in the late 1980s. It told of a world destroyed by nuclear war. Kenshiro, the hero of the story, defeated various kinds of ravagers who threaten the lives of the weak and innocent. Although many people didn't like it because of its many bloody scenes,such as one showing a cut up body, the themes of love and friendship made it one of the most unforgettable cartoons in fans' hearts.
07. Mobile Suit Gundam (机动战士高达)

Mobile Suit Gundam [posters.imdb.cn]

Since its debut in 1979, it has become one of the three most popular Japanese robot theme cartoons ever, together with Space Battleship Yamato and EVA. The reason for its popularity was that it focused on a complicated and tragic story rather than on an exciting robot war. The story told of a fictional universe in the Universal Century, year 0079。The Principality of Zeon had launched a war of independence because it couldn't stand the investigations carried out by the Earth Federation. Zeon had the tactical upper hand through their use of a new type of humanoid weapons called 'mobile suits'.
06. Sailor Moon (美少女战士)

Sailor Moon [v.ppdm.us]

Sailor Moon was the instigator for girls' cartoons. A teenage girl called Tsukino Usagi (Sailor Moon) came across a magical black cat called Luna。The cat gave her magical powers and she became a beautiful warrior. She, together with four other girls, fought demons for the sake of peace on Earth. The cartoon was extremely popular in China and its promotional products sold very well too. Although Tsukino Usagi was a clumsy girl, her lovely and optimistic personality was welcomed by a large number of girls. Aside from that, countless girls were crazy about Chiba Mamoru, the handsome hero of the cartoon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-30 15:19:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by angela627 at 2012-3-30 15:20

05.   Slam Dunk (灌篮高手)

Slam Dunk [funshion.com]

Slam Dunk, is one of the three most famous Japanese sports cartoons, together with Captain Tsubasa and Touch. It focused on Hanamichi Sakuragi, who starts off as a delinquent outcast and later becomes the leader of a gang. His team eventually defeated the former champion of the national high school championship. The cartoon led to a huge basketball craze among teenagers in Japan as well as in China. Inoue Takehiko, the author of Slam Dunk, is a big fan of basketball. He used famous NBA superstars in the 1990s as models for the heroes in his manga. Hanamichi Sakuragi was welcomed by thousands of people because of his purity, loveliness and fearlessness.
04. Doraemon (多啦A梦)

Doraemon [flash.abang.com]

Launched in China in 1991, Doraemon has influenced multiple generations. It centered on an earless robotic cat named Doraemon, who traveled back in time from the 22nd century to help a schoolboy, called Nobita Nobi. Many children in China wished they could have a cat like that, which could conjure up various kinds of magical things to help them when facing problems.
03. Saint Seiya (圣斗士星矢)

Saint Seiya [baike.fcdm.org]

The story revolved around five mystical warriors called the "Saints", who fight various kinds of enemies in order to defend Athena in her battle against the other gods, such as Poseidon and Hades, who want to dominate Earth. Both its manga and cartoon were very successful in Japan as well as in China and even in several European and Latin American countries. In addition, it was a pioneer in the drawing of handsome young men. All the Saints were breath-takingly handsome, featuring big and shiny eyes and a delicate posture .

02. Dragon Ball (七龙珠)

Dragon Ball [game.china.com]

Inspired by the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West, the cartoons featured protagonist Goku exploring the world in search of seven mystical orbs known as the Dragon Balls。People who were able to obtain all seven dragon balls could make a wish. During his journey, he made several friends. It was no wonder that the original manga and cartoons gathered a large amount of enthusiastic fans. As one of the most successful mangas ever, it sold over 350 million copies worldwide.
01. Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世纪福音战士)

Neon Genesis Evangelion [dmcb.net]

Neon Genesis Evangelion, also known as Evangelion or EVA, is a commercially successful and critically acclaimed anime series. Evangelion is an apocalyptic mecha action series, revolving around the efforts of the paramilitary organization NERV to fight monstrous beings called Angels. To do so, they primarily used giant humanoids, known as Evangelions, piloted by carefully selected teenagers. The cartoon aired for the first time in 1997 and earned more than 4.5 billion Japan yen (US$54 million) by 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-30 17:02:43 |Display all floors
I remember playing the Final Fantasy series when I was younger - very similar

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 01:08:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jason.zhu at 2012-3-31 01:10

I have just know how to speak these japanese cartoon's name in english
I still remember my father bought a suit of doraemon cartoon books when i was a kid.Later we bought a TV,so my young brother and i can watch saint seiya on time every 5.30 pm.These cartoons really affect millions of people who is the same age as me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 10:05:47 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-3-30 17:02
I remember playing the Final Fantasy series when I was younger - very similar

I must be too old, I remember Pakman, but missed the rest.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 10:39:04 |Display all floors
{:soso_e113:}I ever watched several of them , but not all .they are all wonderful cartoons ,
much much much more interesting and instructive than 《Pleasant goat and big big wolf》,
in this China homemade cartoon
there is a statistic :the grey wolf was hit by red wolf with the pan 9544times ,teased by the pleasant gaot for 2347 times ,chased  and electriced by the Piranha for 769 times and 1755 times , thinking up with 2788 ideas to catch the goat ,rushing around for 19658 times  ,which is long enough to orbit teh earth 954 times , but he did not even get one goat ,but he also did not give up ,thinking about the grey wolf , what we have done till now is nothing .
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 15:44:22 |Display all floors
Thanks for your collection and let me know the English names of so many favorites.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.