Author: angela627

Old Church Converted into a Modern Bookstore [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-19 16:35:51 |Display all floors
Shoddy constructions or punishment for great Kiwi sins?
Chch-earthquake-Feb-2011.jpg
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 16:38:52 |Display all floors
These are new buildings and yet collapsed in a smaller earthquake than the one in Sichuan.
4690829_600x400.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 17:17:37 |Display all floors
Many of the buildings weren't exactly new correction. What they probably were is remodelled and given facelifts. New buildings in NZ, are required, and have been for some time now, to have greater resistance to earthquakes as demonstrated here.
Somehow, you managed to turn this into another twisted attack, supposing sins are the cause of this disaster. I wonde, when it's your time, how many sins you'll pay for. There were many innocent people who died in both the Sicuan and NZ earthquakes......many more in China sadly, so best not talk about sins, ok!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 19:12:17 |Display all floors
correction has turned a pleasant topic into racial hatred

what a surprise

correction, I hope you fully understand that hatred like yours will lead to westerners hating chinese
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 23:41:13 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-3-19 18:12
correction has turned a pleasant topic into racial hatred

what a surprise

Here's hoping that westerners don't hate China and vice versa. The world's too small for that and disasters such as Sichuan and Christchurch, or Japan for that matter should unite us, not divide us.
Luckily for us, correction isn't China and is not representative. China send rescuers to NZ, NZ sent rescue teams to China and both sent teams to Japan. Small world huh correction?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 14:26:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by correction at 2012-3-20 14:32

Sigh !!!
I'm merely asking an innocent question about the safety of church buildings with no racial hatred intended,
but as usual it's misconstrued as racial hatred,
I love western folks, and have many western friends, I love them  and my western friends love me too,
so sorry that my comments about sin bug you people,
but I suppose people with clear conscience wouldn't be troubled by the very mention of sin,
unless you've indeed committed something bad, I mean REAL BAD, like murdering someone - now that's a sin.
Kiwi, you didn't kill or murder any innocent souls, did you??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 14:35:38 |Display all floors
I've seen some very old church buildings collapsed,
so I'm merely asking an innocent question,
no racial hatred intended.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.