Author: voice_cd

Highlights of Premier Wen's press conference: Post your comments   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-14 14:49:42 |Display all floors
Chongqing model is now effectively refuted and overturned.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-14 15:24:36 |Display all floors
Wuying is a mythology !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-14 16:17:45 |Display all floors
someoneold Post time: 2012-3-14 12:55
I don't think there are anything worth to watch,discuss about his question-and-answer
he will answe ...

, That is what chinese official always do, talk too much,but without any progress.
Boring and waiting for the arrvial of the weekend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 00:13:51 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-14 12:02
Will China resist suggestions by the World Bank of privatizing State Own Enterprises?
I feel that if ...

That resistance is already underway. It's not just foreign hands we should be worried about. More domestic corruption is sure to foster if we allow more World Bank "advice" to seed in. Just ask Ms. ex-tycoon Wu Ying. An incredibly intelligent women. Young. Clever. Billionaire. Charged with running around defrauding investors. She's apparently not a fan of "big government". She's the Chinese Ron Paul, haha. She rubbed the wrong people in the wrong way. We don't want more of that. The World Bank isn't as powerful as it once was. It's hard to take them seriously. Especially when they're still recovering from their 2008 economic debacle. Their reputation is rather dusty. I'm all for the truth. I'll admit that China is already maneuvering around this "advice". Throwing out  insignificant changes that don't unbalance China's economic foundation. It's the game the West likes to play. We can play that too. Tit for tat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 01:04:26 |Display all floors
robyzhou Post time: 2012-3-14 13:43
I don't agree with you. If he is a great man,how can our country turn it to be it now. High housin ...

So he's not a great man because housing prices are up?  

That's rather funny.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 01:18:08 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-3-15 00:13
That resistance is already underway. It's not just foreign hands we should be worried about. More  ...

-- This is another great move...limit and expand control over the access to rare materials. Even more strict government control. This looks like China is actually spitting in the face of the World Bank Group...lol. --

China is hilariously brilliant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 01:36:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chinanumberone at 2012-3-15 05:15
Industrialist Post time: 2012-3-15 01:18
-- This is another great move...limit and expand control over the access to rare materials. Even  ...

Hmm, don't celebrate too soon though. We shall see where it goes. Only time will tell with these things.

These are some complicated matters that we can't even begin to properly describe on these forums. I do think that some Chinese took the World Bank's advice a little too seriously. Some thought that they were "demanding" China to change it's ways. That doesn't seem to be the case. It seems they're simply parroting their agenda. Who knows what's going on privately though. I don't want to get too much into conspiracy theories. Not for now.

Anyways, they're a product of the West. Their agenda is to promote "Democracy, Free Markets, Human Rights" etc. all that goody goody stuff the West likes to parrot. That's just their de facto guideline. China is their biggest obstacle. I'm not too worried about it.

Clean up your own house before you comment on my dusty floors. Their reputation is dustier than a 4,000 year-old Indian Temple.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.