Author: angela627

Gun Crime: Is China Safer than the West?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-15 09:32:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-3-14 17:33
DanseMacabre Post time: 2012-3-14 17:29
Yes.

You argument only reinforced my assertion.

So you are in favor of the manufacture and distribution of hydrogen bombs?
Are you saying that if someone has the money they should be able to buy a hydrogen bomb?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 11:54:37 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-3-15 07:45
machine gun?
Cool story, hombre,
try telling that to the ATF when they bust you for your illegal st ...

You asked for it..here it comes:

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, ownership of newly manufactured machine guns has been prohibited to civilians. Machine guns which were manufactured prior to the Act's passage are regulated under the National Firearms Act, but those manufactured after the ban cannot ordinarily be sold to or owned by civilians.

P.S.: I personally know a guy from Florida who owns, legally, a machine gun that he keeps in his firearm cabinet together with some other weapons!

Now you were saying what? Did I hear honesty somewhere?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-15 14:42:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-3-15 14:55

bowling for columbine (2002)

As an American with three locks on his doors, I found this all a bit confusing. Even here, in Toronto, a city of millions, people just didn't lock their doors. So you don't lock your doors but we, Americans, do. Why is that? You must be afraid of your neighbour. Do you ever leave your doors unlocked at home? "Yeah." "Yeah, you do?" "Where do you live?" "Right around here." "Toronto?" "Around here." "You leave your doors unlocked?" "Yeah." You'd think, as Americans, that the lock is keeping people out of your place. We, as Canadians, see it more as, uh...when we lock the door, we're imprisoning ourselves inside. You don't want to do that. Not really, no.

And you're not afraid? Should I be afraid? I don't know. You live here. I don't think I'm afraid. You're not, are you?

1.jpg

ForumLanguage Learning 语言学习Practical English 实用英语movie quotes study - 学习电影对话

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 14:54:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-3-15 15:01

Are we Chinese afraid?

If we are not afraid, why need we bodyguard to stand at the entrance of community? even if we have a large amount of armed police, criminal plolice, traffic police, temporary police, chengguan police, and millions of cameras?

If we are not afraid, why do we shutdown the doors right after we come into apartments? why do we not know who live next to our doors?

If we are not afraid, why do the local police, from time to time warm us to be guard against people around us? (Such slogans are everywhere. Please watch out! Please be careful! Please be aware!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 15:01:54 |Display all floors
China ForumForumLeisure TimeFunfunny slogan
1.jpg

From local police.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 17:10:40 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-3-15 15:01
China Forum › Forum › Leisure Time › Fun › funny slogan

So, robert still saying how much "safer" china was compared to any country with looser gun control?
The Facts are speaking, and they are speaking pretty clearly.

China is NOT safer than "the West" as a whole.
However that Comparison is wrong, to continuesly try and fail to match up with countries much further developed, it does not do it any good.
Compare china with other developing countries,
and it's obvious it's rather deccent in that comparison - bloody decent so.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-15 17:22:28 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-3-15 11:54
You asked for it..here it comes:

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, owner ...

Now do tell,
how is getting one of those as easy as going to the shop with your drivers license?
Or aren't there some further steps involved on the way to a legal automatic?

Making parts of europe still more liberal on firearms than both china and the US.
So where's the Correlation you are talking about?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.