Author: voice_cd

Decline of US power only relative   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-10 18:18:51 |Display all floors
For the first time in history, the world will be interdependent and not dominated by one or two powers.

The world has been economically interdependant for Centuries-everybody has to trade stuff they've got for stuff they haven't got.

Declining powers try to spread their influence and control elsewhere, thats why we've had colonisation and wars.

The notion of America being the worlds policeman is a false claim and a sham.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 18:24:53 |Display all floors
They cant afford to go around the world poking their noses in everybody elses affairs anymore.

Neither can we.

And whilst im here im disgusted with our servile (to the USA ) gutless goverment still trying to justify being in Afghanistan after TEN years fighting a futile war they will never win.

404 and counting of our brave boys and girls dead now

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 18:52:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by laowaipengyou at 2012-3-10 12:53

St. George, in a pack of migrating birds flying south in formation, from Europe to Africa ... as well as in a pack of rats in the intersection's underground sewage ... as much as within free nations .... WE all need leadership ...!!

You want to call it 'world policeman' ... it's ok with me (I reckon you must have your well substantiated motives...)

Who do you want to replace the American leadership with...?? Can you also elaborate on that..??

If we all think alike .... then, nobody is thinking

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 19:57:07 |Display all floors
the fear is that America becomes isolationists and withdraws.

if that is to happen, who comes to the rescue of revolutionaries?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 20:53:07 |Display all floors
laowaipengyou Post time: 2012-3-10 15:39
Yeahh, go ahead a post one of your photos of the entrance to he Auschwitz concentration camp, showin ...

well yes, this picture wit "Jews go back to work"  was the top moronic excess.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 20:56:09 |Display all floors
well written letter.

However we have no clue wheter it will be better or not. Neither knows the Author.
And in this context, the relative decline of the US helps build a more balanced and perhaps more harmonious world, worth celebrating even by Americans.

Perhaps yes.
Perhaps no.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 02:10:52 |Display all floors
doberman Post time: 2012-3-10 20:53
well yes, this picture wit "Jews go back to work"  was the top moronic excess.

well i kind of like it.
very funny rather...................

opinions are like azzholes , everybody have one.

beside you are of topic here , adress a topic and don't worry about Smithi , Smithi is nice chap.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.