Views: 34608|Replies: 135

Racial slurs are strictly prohibited    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-9 11:30:09 |Display all floors
While China Daily Forum is always trying to be all-embracing, we are also committed to building an environment where racism should play no part.
To clear things up, we are listing here some of the most commonly used racial slurs that are strictly prohibited in reference to other forum members.

We also understand that in such diverse cultures as in today's world, we can't possibly list all of those considered racial slurs. Therefore, we invite you, forum members, to submit those that you all find unacceptable.

Thanks.

The list is as follows:

Chinaman

Chink

Gook

Jap

Kike

Honky (Honkey, Honkie)

Nigger/Negro

Raghead (Towel-head)

Wop

Yellow monkey

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 14:04:25 |Display all floors
Apple,
Aunt Sally、Aunt Mary,Aunt Jane
Brownie;
Ching Chong;
Chinky;
Banana;
Christ killer;
Coconut;
Cheese eating;
Crow;
Dogger;
Yank;
Asian nigger;
Gweilo,gwailo,kwalo (鬼佬).
Ape;
Zog lover.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 19:03:54 |Display all floors
gook, kike and wop

Never came across these words as racial slur. What do they mean = why are they banned?
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 20:44:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2012-3-9 21:23
seneca Post time: 2012-3-9 19:07
Voice_CD:

You "forgot" the most widely used racial slur in the CD forum:

Seneca,

How many bad names did you tag me? Free to fry, I learned bS, etc. thought I am not Free to Fly

1. Frying Fly B.C.,

2. don't allow the fire to get too near your wings!
Copy code

--From Seneca

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 20:48:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2012-3-9 20:57
seneca Post time: 2012-3-9 19:07
Voice_CD:

You "forgot" the most widely used racial slur in the CD forum:

And did you forget you called Chinese women slat?

Did you forget all your racial remarks against China?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 20:54:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2012-3-9 21:13

I don't think it is wrong to call Japanese who committed war crimes in China Jap.

Do CD staff expect Chinese people endearingly address those war criminals who raped our women, burnt down our houses, occupied our motherland, our dear Japanese brothers or friends? If so, all renowned anti-Japanese classic patriotic films should have been banned in China, because our deceased great Chinese leaders from Chairman Mao, Premier Zhou, to Premier Deng Xiaoping called Japanese invaders Guizi

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 01:47:52 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2012-3-9 20:54
I don't think it is wrong to call Japanese who committed war crimes in China Jap.

Do CD staff expe ...

Funfact,
your beloved chairman mao rejected a japanese official offer of an apology and thanked Japan for the Invasion instead.
Fun-task for bonus points, define treason, and find a way to exclude this show of gratitude from it.

Funfact: The ultra left wing ccp steered japanese publishers who had originally bought the rights for the book nanjing for japan have only  refused to publish because even in all their beijing friendlyness they didn't make themselves publically completely ridiculous by publishing all the evidently completely made up stuff that the author insisted to keep in the book.

Don't get me wrong,
I do despise the japanese war crimes that happened,
but the chinese version is for the purpose of being aimed at the internal audience for indoctrination over the top exceeding any scientifically backed scenarios.
And that is not gonna make china look too good internationally in this either.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.