Author: philo09

How The Syrian Revolution Was Staged   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-10 01:44:46 |Display all floors
idorun Post time: 2012-3-9 15:55
Any WAR is hell on Earth ,,man is a predator , he kills to make peace.

true my friend , war is hell ......................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 09:51:59 |Display all floors
Have the UK true press freedom?

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-12 23:31:50 |Display all floors
The recent question that US Secretary of State had put to her at congressional hearings on Wednesday, “Are we supporting Al Qaeda in Syria?” is indeed a legitimate one. Speaking to the same audience, Mrs. Clinton made an even more stunning confession. It not yet quite clear to Washington what the Syrian opposition really is. Mrs. Clinton also admitted that the situation with the Libyan opposition one year ago was much better as the US authorities could at least meet the members of the Libyan Transitional Council and even ask them tough questions. Obviously, with the Syrian opposition the US administration has not yet been offered such a luxury.

These revelations put the American assurances that the outcome in Syria will be quite different from the Libyan one in an entirely new light – namely, that the Syrian outcome may be even worse. This may be true despite the fact that the Libyan outcome can hardly be called inspiring. A UN report from February 29, 2012 states that “former Libyan rebels, some of whom have been accused of torturing detainees, still hold about three-quarters of the people they arrested during the country’s civil war.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/0 ... ners.html?ref=libya

So much for the “national reconciliation” and “democracy building” by the new rulers of Libya – despite all the “tough questions” that Mrs. Clinton had for them. And what can be expected from the Syrian opposition which Mrs. Clinton recently called “the representative of the Syrian people” without ANY questions asked?

“For some reason, the American administration chose as its sole partner the most radical group of the Syrian opposition, the Syrian National Council,” Alexei Pushkov, the chairman of the Russian State Duma’s international committee, said at a press conference in Moscow after his visit to Syria. “There are two other opposition groups based in Syria proper, but the West still prefers the radicals, who have reported links to Al Qaeda and do not shy away from Al Qaeda’s methods, such as suicide bombings. The US is in the same boat with Al Qaeda – this situation looks bizarre to me. ”

It may indeed look bizarre, but the words Al Qaeda in connection with the Syrian National Council (SNC) were pronounced by none other than Mrs. Clinton. A New York Times report from Doha, Qatar, where the representatives of various SNC groups met, reports that “the men at the Four Seasons in Doha ranged from the various Islamist representatives with suits, ties and neatly trimmed beards to the one Christian on the executive committee, a longtime university professor in Belgium who wandered around in flip-flops.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/2 ... mp;st=cse&scp=2

The fact that the Islamists were in suits obviously seemed to the NYT’s reporter so encouraging that he bemoaned the fact that “organized Islamist groups were more thoroughly suppressed in Syria than in Egypt and their leaders are less well known.”

Obviously, in the NYT’s view a little more publicity is just what the Islamists need now. In Egypt the “less suppressed” Islamists already achieved global fame ransacking the Israeli embassy and bringing the Christian community there to the brink of mass emigration. Quite an impressive result, but “concerned” Western intellectuals and some members of the US government are obviously interested in seeing what the “more suppressed” Syrian Islamists will be able to deliver.

The French “warrior-philosopher” Bernard-Henri Levy, who last year was pivotal in bringing about the recognition of the Libyan Transitional Council by his friend the French president Nicolas Sarkozy, is already busy thinking up plans of “support” for the Syrian rebels. His plans include creating safe havens on Syrian territory for opposition fighters, where they would be able to rearm themselves with Saudi and Qatari weapons while Western aviation would provide the air cover.

http://www.bernard-henri-levy.co ... ier-2012-27537.html

These plans might look like a mad dream of a modern-day Savonarola, if it had not been for the fact that in 2011 in Libya Western powers followed Levy’s plan word for word. And their knowledge of the Libyan opposition was even more fragmentary than their knowledge of the Syrian opposition. At least that is what Mrs. Clinton says.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-12 23:32:08 |Display all floors
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has admitted that Al-Qaeda and other groups on the State Department’s terror list are on the same side as the United States in Syria and that they are aiding opposition rebels.

In an interview with BBC News (watch video), Clinton states, “We have a very dangerous set of actors in the region, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and those who are on our terrorist list, to be sure, supporting – claiming to support the opposition [in Syria].”

Clinton’s admission that Al-Qaeda is supporting the armed insurrection in Syria dovetails with reports that the same Al-Qaeda terrorists who helped overthrow Colonel Gaddafi in Libya were airlifted into Syria by NATO forces.

Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri’s has also publicly expressed support for Syrian rebel forces.

These terrorists have been blamed for bloody attacks that have killed both Syrian regime officials and innocent civilians, including a bombing earlier this month in Syria’s second city of Aleppo which killed 28 people.

The recent Arab League report, which was almost universally ignored by the mainstream media, also concluded that both sides of the conflict were responsible for indiscriminate violence and that terrorist groups were helping the rebels carry out attacks.

Despite the admission that terrorists are aiding opposition forces in Syria, the establishment media has attempted to pour cold water on the issue, primarily through mouthpieces like ‘Syria Danny’ – an “activist” who has been afforded ample time by the corporate press to beg for a military invasion.

“It is richly ironic that the unelected fundamentalist Sunni regimes of the Persian Gulf are supporting Al Qaeda affiliated groups within Syria purportedly to “bring about democratic reforms,” writes Professor Michel Chossudovsky. “This is the same dynamic that prevailed in Libya where the overthrow of that country’s government by Western and Gulf Arab powers has now led to a collapse in human rights and social conditions.”

Despite claims to the contrary, a general in the Free Syria Army, the opposition militia, has told journalists that the rebels are being armed with anti-aircraft missiles by the United States and France.

“In Homs on Tuesday, a general claiming to be from the rebel group appeared on camera and told a journalist from Reuters news agency that “French and American assistance has reached us and is with us.” When asked to elaborate on the nature of the assistance he added, “We now have weapons and anti-aircraft missiles and, God willing, with all of that we will defeat Bashar [President Assad],” reports RT.

Former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds also reported that US troops landed on the Jordanian and Syrian border back in December for the purpose of training militants to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.

It was also revealed earlier this month that British Special Forces are already on the ground in Syria advising and directing the rebel army.

Watch the new documentary New World Order: Blueprint of Madmen – now available atPrisonPlanet.tv.

Despite claims to the contrary, a general in the Free Syria Army, the opposition militia, has told journalists that the rebels are being armed with anti-aircraft missiles by the United States and France.

“In Homs on Tuesday, a general claiming to be from the rebel group appeared on camera and told a journalist from Reuters news agency that “French and American assistance has reached us and is with us.” When asked to elaborate on the nature of the assistance he added, “We now have weapons and anti-aircraft missiles and, God willing, with all of that we will defeat Bashar [President Assad],” reports RT.

Former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds also reported that US troops landed on the Jordanian and Syrian border back in December for the purpose of training militants to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.

It was also revealed earlier this month that British Special Forces are already on the ground in Syria advising and directing the rebel army.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 00:10:05 |Display all floors
idorun Post time: 2012-3-9 10:10
The US is behind the whole situation in Syria, They have used Nato as a cover. This inside war was s ...

Of course the US has to be behind the arab spring.

Arabs don't have minds of their own.  

They are all like children waiting for instructions on what to do next.

Revolutions are only possible in other countres like the US, France & China.

Its not possible that arabs would want something better for themselves.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 23:00:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jihadbek at 2012-5-17 23:01

I was searching the google and I saw this and I had to say something …
In my opinion it is more simple than all this "Talking" but some people like the "Fairy Tales" and complicated political issues and forget about the more important thing ...

it is like judging that someone is American because he have American shoes !!!

in my opinion what happening in syria is simple sad game have few players and the ball is the syrian people , the top players are USA , Russia ,China , Iran and the syrian rotted government ... and every one want something from the other  to stop screwing with the situation.

Maybe USA throw the first matchstick to the start the revolution , but that does not mean that they are the mastermind.
Syrian people want this revolution and want to end this rotted system which is screwing with the country for more than 40 years  , what the united states do is only talking and no real support on the ground , and it will not do that unless it get something from it in return.

My family , friend and everybody there in Syria and there is no alqaida bull---- , Yes the revolution has Islamic nature but this is the only thing that make it keep going without  support.

See how many people are dying everyday  , for god sake watch some youtube and then tell me if you support this revolution or support the Syrian government , and I don’t care who start this.

Mr JFenix , you are judging millions without even know them , I think you are more smart and educated than that , are u ?

This days everybody must take a side , are you with the Syrian Government or Syrian People Revolution؟

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-17 23:48:46 |Display all floors
jihadbek Post time: 2012-5-17 23:00
I was searching the google and I saw this and I had to say something …
In my opinion it is more sim ...

I'm not a Mr. I'm a Ms.

What I think people fail to realize is this is lslamic in nature.  Just as you said.  But many groups here want the same thing for different reasons.

Of course al qaeda supports the revolutions and arab spring.  They have stated these goals from the beginning.  They want to topple the secular corrupt regimes and replace them with a full lslamic government.

Many sunni arabs support the revolutions because they are sick of the corrupted governments and are trying to form power through a pan-arabic movement.

The US supports the revolutions because we are blamed for their existence.  All the hatred leveled against us comes from propping up and supporting these dictators that don't care about their own people.  This has been a deadly policy for us and others.  Helping out the revolutions will not only bring power back to the people, we won't be blamed anymore for their misery.

China and Russia are on a slippery slope by siding with assad against the people.  They will remember this and blame them for it.  Just watch.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.