Views: 55736|Replies: 61

What is expected salary range for experienced copyeditor for CCTV-English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-8 22:20:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by travistan at 2012-3-8 22:41

Hi there,

I'm not sure who to ask, but I happened to come across this online forum
and hope the netizens here could help me out on some of my queries.

Basically, I might be moving to Beijing soon to work for CCTV-News (English)
as a newsroom copyeditor. I'm excited about the opportunity but am not
sure what sort of salary expectation should I be negotiating with the company.
Also, I'm not sure about what kind of remuneration/relocation package foreigners can expect to look
forward to in this regard.

I hope to have some sort of an indication before I start negotiating with the company.

I have 6-7 years of working experience in the media/communications/education sectors
in Singapore and possess a Masters degree in Mass Communication.

I would be very grateful for your responses here.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Many thanks.
Gerald Goh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-8 23:19:16 |Display all floors
if you know Chinese, you can search information at"智联 招聘" or other website.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 09:17:11 |Display all floors
Anybody can give our newcomer some tips?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 09:37:28 |Display all floors
In your specific business area I am not sure how salaries go, but in the industrial sector, someone with your experience and educational background will be getting anything between US$ 50K net/year and upwards! Now this depends a lot, but for your guidance, our Fuzhou (2nd tier Chinese city) plant manager is getting US$150K plus social benefits that I will list for you below later. She is 35, with almost 10 years experience in production and has a master degree in business management. Besides she speaks fleuntly English and German.
As for the so called "expat" package, here is what she gets:

1- A fully furnished 150 square meter apartment in a high end compound, that includes all the facilities (gym, swimming pool, cleaning service, etc...)
2- A car and a driver to pick her up and send her back home or she can drive the company vehicle if she wishes to do so.
3- She gets a special travel package that includes 3 round trips a year to her country
4- A working visa and residence permit in China
5- A Chinese speaking translator if she needs (she deosnn't want to use since she wants to learn the language)
6- 100% school fee for the 1st kid and 50% allowance for the 2nd (She hasn't moved her family here yet, though)
7- She enjoys Chinese official holidays, plus 15 days in Christmass.

I don't know if this will be helpful for you, since we are talking about a factory manager, but I hope you get an idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 09:39:15 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-3-9 09:37
In your specific business area I am not sure how salaries go, but in the industrial sector, someone  ...

What? That much!

Reverse discrinimation   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 09:41:34 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2012-3-9 09:39
What? That much!

Reverse discrinimation

We are talking about somebody here who is responsible of running a factory with more than 300 staff that produce high end plastic pieces for the automotive industry.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 09:48:36 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-3-9 09:41
We are talking about somebody here who is responsible of running a factory with more than 300 staf ...

Still...jealous, envious...and only 35?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.