Views: 5733|Replies: 4

Gold Leaf Paintings with Traditional Japanese Motifs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-8 11:07:32 |Display all floors
Posted by Pinar on March 7, 2012

It's hard to believe that Tokyo-born, Oklahoma-based artist Juuri has been practicing her hand at fine art painting for just a little over a year. In that time, she has grasped not only the art of painting, but her own style of visual presentation. Juuri accurately defines her own art, saying, "My work portrays the delicate beauty of the female face enveloped by traditional Japanese patterns, gold leaf, and strategic paint drips. I explore the juxtaposition of realism and non-objectivity, tradition and modernism, innocence and mortality.”

Being three-quarters Japanese and born in Japan, Juuri's work exhibits high concentrations of Japanese motifs. The color-blasted paintings are infused with Japanese influences while maintaining a sense of modern, somewhat punk aesthetics. There is an amalgamation of contradictory forces that play remarkably well together. Within the same frame, we see a woman in traditional Japanese garb in an untraditionally sexual pose amidst a surge of color. Behind her is the golden silhouette of a fox, referencing an old Japanese tale in which a fox turns into a woman. There is a coexistence of modern and traditional styles present in her work, right down to her red stamped signature.
juurigoldleafpaintings9.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings8.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings7.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings6.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings5.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings4.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings3.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings2.jpg
juurigoldleafpaintings1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 22:44:14 |Display all floors
i don't like the paiting

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 18:48:50 |Display all floors
An old tradition transfixed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-10 19:26:29 |Display all floors
Unique style, original, nice
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-17 08:38:00 |Display all floors
Nice background.I like it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.