Views: 12180|Replies: 76

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-6 23:51:57 |Display all floors

Netanyahu at AIPAC: A nuclear Iran must be stopped

PM addresses AIPAC's DC conference, thanks Obama, US for steadfast support of Israel, warns against perils of nuclear Iran and vows: When it comes to Israel's survival we must always remain masters of our fate

Yitzhak Benhorin

WASHINGTON – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the AIPAC conference in Washington Tuesday (GMT), following a meeting with US President Barack Obama.

"Jerusalem is the eternal united capital of Israel," he began his speech to roaring applause. "Israel must always reserve the right to defense itself."

"I want to ask the supporters of Israel here to stand up and applaud the Congress for standing up and supporting Israel. Democrats and Republicans alike, I salute your commitment to the State of Israel," he said.

Netanyahu was quick to focus on the nuclear threat posed by Iran: "Every day, I open a newspaper and read about deadlines and red lines, about what Israel might do and will do – but I won't talk about that. I will never talk about that. As the prime minister of Israel, I will not gamble with its security."

"I want to explain about the dangers of Iran, and why Iran should never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons," Netanyahu continued.

'If it walks like a duck…'"President Obama stated clearly that the US wants to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons and that… all options are on the table. Israel has the same policy – we're determined to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons and we leave all options on the table.

"Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, but I say – if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck – it's a duck. But this is a nuclear duck! And It is impossible to believe that the world's most dangerous regime won't use the world most dangerous weapon.   

"A nuclear-armed Iran," he warned, "Will embolden its proxies, like Hezbollah, to attack Israel and US targets. And they will. They'll be doing so backed by a nuclear regime. A nuclear-armed Iran could choke the world's oil supplies. It could blackmail the world on oil."

A nuclear-armed Iran is likely to spark an arms race in the Middle East, he continued, "And the worst nightmare – a nuclear-armed Iran could threaten all of us with nuclear terrorism."

"The Jewish state will not allow those who seek our annihilation to develop such weapons. A nuclear Iran must be stopped," Netanyahu stated. "When it comes to Israel's survival we must always remain masters of our fate."

During his meeting with the American president earlier Monday, Netanyahu reportedly stressed that Israel has yet to reach a decision regarding a possible strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Speaking with reports after the meeting, Netanyahu said that "the Israeli position was met with understanding."

Obama addressed the AIPAC conference on Sunday and reiterated the United States' commitment to Israel's defense and security, as well as its resolve to stop Iran from achieving nuclear weapons.

"Iran's leaders should know that I do not have a policy of containment; I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. And as I’ve made clear time and again during the course of my presidency, I will not hesitate to use force when it is necessary to defend the United States and its interests," Obama declared.

If we all think alike .... then, nobody is thinking

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 01:02:35 |Display all floors

""vanwilder  a nuclear britain, usa, france needs to be stopped first  ""

Haven't seen yet the Brits, Yankees or Frenchies .... pushing nations around and threatening them with nuclear arms ..... like a drunk cowboy at the saloon...

Only the fckkn mullahs regime of Tehran ... wants to push around its neighbors ... among them Israel...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 02:13:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 02:13:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 02:56:49 |Display all floors
Panetta: US will act against Iran if it has to

US secretary of defense tells AIPAC US willing to mount military campaign to prevent Iran from realizing nuclear ambitions
Yitzhak Benhorin Latest Update:  03.06.12, 19:40 / Israel News

WASHINGTON – US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta spoke before the AIPAC conference on Tuesday and vowed that the United States would take military action to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon if diplomacy fails.

"We want diplomacy to work, we will back the diplomacy with strong and increasing pressure, we will keep all options – including military action – on the table to prevent (Iran) from obtaining a nuclear weapon," Panetta told the pro-Israel lobbying group. "Military action is the last alternative when all else fails, but make no mistake, we will act if we have to."   

"No greater threat exists to the security of Israel and to the entire region – and indeed the United States – than a nuclear armed Iran," he added.

Panetta thus echoed the statement made by US President Barack Obama in his AIPAC speech on Sunday, where he declared that the United States will not hesitate to use force against Iran.

The US' commitment to Israel's security and the strong relationship between the two countries "is one that is shared by the president, by me as secretary of defense, and by my entire military and civilian leadership at the Department of Defense," Panetta said.

"During my tenure as director of the CIA," he continued," I consulted regularly with my counterparts in the Mossad, directors Meir Dagan, Tamir Pardo, and I saw the benefits that came from close intelligence relationship between our governments at the very highest levels.

"In my current job as secretary of defense, I've been reunited with my dear old friend and counterpart Ehud Barak. Ehud and I talk frequently… I also met (Monday) with my friend Prime Minister Netanyahu.

"From… my frequent meetings with Israeli leaders, I am acutely aware of the dangers that confront Israel and the significance of our defense relationship. As a consequence, the level of cooperation and interaction between our militaries and our intelligence agencies is deeper and stronger and broader than at any other time in my experience in government," he said.

'US commitment to defeat any adversary, anywhere'
"And let me assure you that the security bonds between Israel and the United States will only grow as America goes through an historic turning point after a decade of war. Even in the face of budget reductions imposed by the Congress, the defense strategy that we have designed at the Department of Defense for the future makes very clear our commitment to confront and defeat any adversary, any time, anywhere."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also addressed AIPAC on Tuesday. Stressing the importance of curbing Iran's nuclear ambitions, he said: "A nuclear-armed Iran is likely to spark an arms race in the Middle East, he continued, "And the worst nightmare – a nuclear-armed Iran could threaten all of us with nuclear terrorism.

"President Obama stated clearly that the US wants to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons and that… all options are on the table. Israel has the same policy – we're determined to prevent Iran from having nuclear weapons and we leave all options on the table."

Obama and Netanyahu met on Monday and despite the overall favorable tone, Jerusalem officials said they were disappointed by Washington's lack of resolve.

"We want the Americans to change their rhetoric vis-à-vis the Iranians. The US says that when Khamenei decides to make a bomb that would be crossing a red line. How do we know for sure he's made the decision? What happens after that? There will be a new discussion on whether this is credible or not."

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-7 03:08:24 |Display all floors

Boring in this thread  ...........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-7 10:14:15 |Display all floors
laowaipengyou Post time: 2012-3-7 01:02

""vanwilder  a nuclear britain, usa, france needs to be stopped first  ""

take your head out of your anal orifice longpongu - USA has ALREADY USED ATOMIC BOMB ON TWO CITIES IN JAPAN - CIVILIAN TARGETS.

MAGGOT THATCHER WAS PREPARED TO USE NUKES ON ARGENTINA DURING THE FALKLANDS WAR.

UK TESTED ITS NUKES IN AUSTRALIAN DESERT REGION WHERE THEY KNEW ABORIGINALS WERE LIVING.

FRANCE USED PACIFIC ISLANDS WHERE THEY KNEW THE CLOUD OF RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT WOULD DRIFT ACROSS OTHER INHABITTED ISLANDS.

THE USA - UK and FRANCE ARE GUILTY OF CRIMINAL ACTS WHEN TESTING NUCLEAR WEAPONS - THEY WANTED TO SEE JUST WHAT EFFECT THE WEAPONS HAD ON HUMANS SO TEHY COULD APPLY THAT IN WARFARE.

THEN THE CRIMINAL BAST$#DS GAVE THE WEAPONS TO THE CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ZIONIST REGIME IN ISRAEL.

YOU COME HERE AND SPEW OUT THE LIES OF THE ZIONIST REGIME WHO CLAIM IRAN THREATENED THEM - THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG AND HAS NEVER BEEN SAID - WHAT THE IMMAN SAID AND IS BEING MISQUOTED WAS THAT ISRAEL SHOULD NOT BE ON THE MAP - HE NEVER SAID HE WANTED TO BLOW ISRAEL OF THE MAP LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE.

SO TAKE YOUR FILTHY LYING PROPAGANDA SOMEWHERE ELSE.

IN ADDITION - IRAN HAS NEVER INVADED ANY OTHER COUNTRY AND HAS ONLY REPLIED TO THE THREATS OF THE USA/UK AND ISRAEL BY SAYING IT WILL DEFEND ITSELF IN EVERY WAY IT CAN. SO IF US/UK/ISRAEL ATTACKS IRAN WHY CAN'T IRAN ATTACK ISRAEL OR AMERIKA  OR UK  ?

ISRAEL SQUEALS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF - SO SAUCE FOR THE GOOSE IS SAUCE FOR THE GANDER - OR DO YOU THINK ISRAEL CAN JUST STOMP ITS JACKBOOTED NAZI FEET ALL OVER ANYONE IT PLEASES?

Nuttayahoo said nothing at the AIPAC rent a crowd circus that he has not spewed out before - yada yada yada holocaust jews and defend israel ........ yeah right - defend israel from what?

Iran has not been proven to be doing anything more than building nuclear power stations and medical facilities where the enriched uranium can be used to generate cheap clean electricity and to treat cancer patients with the isotopes it is producing.

it is a ridiculous joke to say israel is being threatened by Iran - with fkin what??? israel has more weapons of mass destruction - more high tech weaponry and more warmongering arzholes than any country in the world other than its vassal state of amerika - so whats the bullsh1t all about nazi?

The Wolf is Your Shepherd.

Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.