- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 188 Hour
- Reading permission
This post was edited by angela627 at 2012-3-6 17:17|
6. The parents who tried to pimp their daughter in exchange for a minivanA central Georgia couple pleaded guilty to having their 14-year-old daughter engage in sex with a man so that they would not have to make monthly payments on their secondhand minivan. Sandra Davis, 37, of Dodge County, pleaded guilty to child molestation and was sentenced to eight years in prison on Monday. Davis did not physically abuse her daughter, but she did admit to encouraging her to trade sex for the van payments.
Davis' husband, James Davis, 39, and used-car salesman Robert Bearden, 67, both pleaded guilty to molestation. They were sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 years' probation.
The Davises and Bearden were arrested in March 2010 after authorities learned of the car-payment arrangement during the course of an unrelated investigation. The Davises had their daughter do "sexual favors" for Bearden, then manager of Shorty's Used Cars in Eastman, so they would not have to make their monthly payments of $281 on the 1998 Dodge Caravan they had bought.
7. The drunken dad who let his eight-year-old take the wheel
Billy Joe Madden, a Mississippi dad, decided to let his eight-year-old son drive their car on the interstate so that he could take a nap, while his four-year-old sat in the backseat… without a seat belt. The least surprising part of this story is that the father was intoxicated when he made this awesome decision.
8. The parent who made his teenage daughter fight with a sword and armor as medieval punishment
Did your teenage child go to a party without your permission? Send her to her room ... to fetch the armor, and then make her fight you with a wooden sword as her (medieval) punishment! That's what one Seattle, Washington, father did; according to police, the teen was forced to dress in armor and fight Fremon Seay with a wooden sword for two hours. Police also said Seay punched, and beat his stepdaughter with a tree branch, prior to the duel. Investigators said she collapsed from exhaustion.
The couple told officers they punished the teen for going to a party without their permission. Investigators learned the couple is part of a group of Renaissance enthusiasts, who recreate fights from the medieval era. Officers said the parents told them it was their right to discipline their child however they saw fit.
9. The fighting parents who forgot their kid in a parking lot
A feuding couple forgot their 8-month old baby boy in a parking lot and headed out separately. It wasn't until the mother arrived home that she realized that the father didn't have him either. Little Ezra Isiah Reyes was left in an E. 161st St. parking lot after each parent thought the other had him. “He wasn't even strapped in,” said Lorenzo Carse, 23, a street vendor who found the boy in his stroller. “He was sitting in the sun, on the hot concrete. The little guy was a bit dehydrated, but otherwise fine.
The police say it was parental confusion.
10. The mother who made son wear embarrassing sign on streets for low GPA
Ronda Holder is so disappointed with her son's poor academic performance that she's resorted to shaming the 15-year-old on the streets of their Tampa Bay, Florida, neighborhood. Holder said the last straw was when her son, James Mond III, failed even his P.E. class. That's when she made a sign detailing Mond's abysmal grade point average—1.22—and forced the boy to walk up and down on a busy street corner for hours on end.
Neither Holder nor her husband graduated high school, but she says she wants better education for her son, who she says seems to have no interest in academic achievement.