Author: voice_cd

[Lianghui] Should prostitution be legalized in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-8 21:23:41 |Display all floors
JFenix: In the US, the majority of prostitutes were victims of child abuse, incest and/ or rape. And many have drug addictions on top of it

I am not sure this is correct, especially if we limit definition of abuse to sexual penetration

It is not a simple correlation. Most of those with a background of child abuse, incest (intrafamilial abuse) and rape do not become hookers

I would expect that there is a statistically greater likelihood of a history of rape with hookers and probably abuse as well (at least in the West)

but money, society and personality may be bigger factors

drugs too, at least in the West
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 07:27:11 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-3-8 18:37
Kbay, will you feel happy and proud if one of the female members of your family work as a prostitu ...

You made some good points, no one wants their daughters or anyone they cares for do something degrading but prostitution is also easy money to some people and as some have said it happens everywhere not just in China. Some girls are exploited, but there are some who just extremely liberal about sex and don't find it degrading, if there's advantages to prostitution legalized is that it can reduce crime, provide safety to these girls, and they won't be exploited. In North America you have a phenomenon known as crack w##s, basically illegal prostitution fueled by drug addictions and the need for money to pay for more drugs, it's really pathetic, some blames this on the illegal and unregulated nature of prostitution. Personally am against legalizing prostitution because it could create sex tourism and my thinking is more conservative than some others, since am against the idea of paying for sex altogether.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.