Views: 14446|Replies: 15

Is Chinese too hard to learn? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-4 17:36:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by victory001 at 2012-3-4 17:36

Hi, Guys, I believe there are many Chinese learners here, thus I want to know do you think Chinese is too hard to learn? Some Chinese learners suggested that Chinese characters should better be changed into Pinyin thus it's less hard for them to learn.
I also learn from the languag experts said Chinese is hard to start but once you get the clue and it will become easier and easier while the English is just opposite, you have a wonderful start-up but with the depth of your studying, you will feel hard of this language, is that true?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 21:19:44 |Display all floors
hi ,i am a  friend in china,it is easy to learn the chinese as the structure is very simple,you can e-mai to me:henchend@163.com,we can comunicate on it,moreover,i want to  learn  english!!come on!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-4 23:15:46 |Display all floors
what an interesting topic.I have many things to say about that.The chinese language is really very difficult for a westerner to learn.First thing is the characters.For us to remember it is so difficult.
second thing is not only the characters.The words even in pinyin are also very difficult to remember because they are so similar ,so many ji and chi and fang and shi oh my God.
Another difficult thing is how to remember the tones in each word.Another headache.
The syntax and the structure in  chinese sentence are so easy in rules buit so difficult to make them.
Even the german and russian language which have so much grammar are much easier for a westerner to learn.You have to study the rules and then finished.
In a lagtin language we can read all the words correctly even if we do not know the meaning.With the chinese language however if we do not know the word we can not pronounce it.
A lot of greek people have started learning chinese but only a few finish the language.
I have spend and still spending hours and hours just to revise.That is why I remember most of the characters but if I used that time to learn another language now I would have learned at least three.
I am very happy with your notice that the more we learn the better and easier it is with the chinese.
Oh yes you are so right.Now I am in the lower intermediate level and I feel so happy I started finding the language much easier.You are so right.You gave me much encouragement.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 14:36:19 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-3-4 23:15
what an interesting topic.I have many things to say about that.The chinese language is really very d ...

As a chinese ,they need spend 12 years in shool. and then these chinese may not speak well. so you need time . but if you like chinese culture,you will learn more quickly.and you are in china now.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-5 17:01:27 |Display all floors
this is what I do.Any time I go to China I learn quite fast.No comparison.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 19:39:25 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-3-4 23:15
what an interesting topic.I have many things to say about that.The chinese language is really very d ...

you are right. I met a few foreign friends who failed to keep learning Chinese once they met the tone part. They were totally confusing. Lol:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 19:40:37 |Display all floors
henchendwang Post time: 2012-3-4 21:19
hi ,i am a  friend in china,it is easy to learn the chinese as the structure is very simple,you c ...

you are a Chinese ? but to teach others Chinese, I am afraid you'd better be good at English as well.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.