Author: voice_cd

[Lianghui] Chinese democracy -- non-Western style   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-3 02:44:48 |Display all floors
In a real democracy there are no political parties because the people rule, and there hasn't been a real democracy in the world for more than two thousand years when it ended in Ancient Greece.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 02:49:16 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-3-3 02:31
Regarding the County elections, consider this:

In more and more villages and counties, the electi ...

That happens in many countries. In Canada I was offered money or liquour for my vote; if people are foolish enough to accept bribes they deserve to have rotten governments.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:35:59 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-3-3 02:29
Many western countries like the US are not democracies and were never intended to be. Today the US ...

He said no such thing.

A good book on Einstein is by Isaacson, the same guy who wrote on Steve Jobs.

I put my reputation to say you cannot find the quote from a good source.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:38:39 |Display all floors
Same Demand: Sauce please!
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 04:31:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-3 10:18:09 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-3-2 06:46
In other words: no matter how poor government officials peform and how corrupt or bad they are, pe ...

""Moreover... why is it called democracy if the people can't choose their government themselves?""

I've often wondered that about our government here in the USA.
In the 2000 presidential election Al Gore received the majority of the vote, yet George Bush was 'elected' president.
Our corruption prone 'electoral college' system of electing a president causes apathy. It gives states with smaller
populations greater influence in proportion to their size. It makes many states voting results meaningless and concentrates
the importance of campaigning to only a few 'swing states'.
----------------------------
From Wikipedia
The elections of 1876, 1888 and 2000 produced an Electoral College winner who did not receive the majority of the
nationwide popular vote.
Except in closely fought swing states, voter turnout is largely insignificant due to entrenched political party domination in most states. The Electoral College decreases the advantage a political party or campaign might gain for encouraging voters to turn
out, except in those swing states.
----------------------------
The election of 2000 had the tragic result of giving the USA one of the worse, most inept presidents in history.
Many debacles could have been avoided if not for having this idiot and his evil vice president in office for eight years.

electoral college 1.jpg

This graphic demonstrates how the winner of the popular vote can still lose in a hypothetical electoral college system.

electoral college 2.jpg

These maps show the amount of attention given to each state by the Bush and Kerry campaigns during the final five
weeks of the 2004 election. At the top, each waving hand represents a visit from a presidential or vice-presidential
candidate during the final five weeks. At the bottom, each dollar sign represents one million dollars spent on TV
advertising by the campaigns during the same time period.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-3-3 10:30:29 |Display all floors
Mind it the OP called it "chinese democracy".Was it ever existed?

Go through the history and you will find a blank space.

I found it a MODERN FUDAL SYSTEM which shown them a good economic uprising under no choice of people rather run by one party.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.