Author: YoYo66

The Poverty Line   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-4 02:49:32 |Display all floors
yes any natural disaster can cause poverty, but i think we are looking at how it compares to normal social poverty between the wealth of a country and how it is distributed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 02:57:41 |Display all floors
i must pay more for bowl of noodles in uk than my friends in china or tawan even allowing for difference in value of pound and rnb

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 03:43:26 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-4 02:19
How many tornadoes of F3 or larger have you had in Europe lately?
How many Hurricanes of Cat 3 or  ...

why so butthurt?
I dunno, just checked again and found again that what's called a tornado here is translated hurricane to american english, and I recently experienced one of those.
As for classifications of hurricanes/tornados/twisters/whatever, they're irrelevant to life here, so why should I have informed myself about them. I just heard that alaskan statement that the stuff panicked about in the south was just daily business up north.
If that's wrong you're free to prove me better and I can just check that stuff on wiki or wherever.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 10:24:29 |Display all floors
If you want to see what poor people look like, they look like you. The person on the corner selling flowers, the maid in a hotel, the construction worker, the man sweeping the streets, then just out side the city,,,in the country, there are  peasants, working in the fields, doing what they can to survive. These people and many more ; take a good look . Nice pictures but what do they mean..????
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 10:41:23 |Display all floors
Forgot to mention the unemployed university and college students who can not find a job in CHINA. These people are dirt poor.
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 11:18:18 |Display all floors
Poverty begins before people become homeless and look for food in the garbage, It begins when they have just enough money to still feed themselves a little and a place to live. The US has millions of homeless people and they are considered to be living in deep poverty. The unofficial unemployment rate is above 20% and graduating college students have little hope of finding a job.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-5 13:21:09 |Display all floors
Is  so damned!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.