Author: YoYo66

The Poverty Line   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-3 04:15:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-3 04:04
You also forgot to mention that German bread can double as building material.

If you can do that by american construction codes, theres little wonder you Guys need to evacuate whole states because of a caugh of a wind and consider chinese construction codes as somewhat decent.

Oh, wait, you guys DO whole state evacuations for stuff that merely keeps the shutters rattling elsewhere.

I remember the last tornado/hurricane I experienced in "hard bread country" as you put it.
What a shoking sight!:
Litter dispersed on neat bavarian streets, and some garden furniture lying around completely disorderly!
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-3 09:16:42 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-3-2 12:15
If you can do that by american construction codes, theres little wonder you Guys need to evacuate  ...

I don't recall a whole state being evacuated for anything. Not really possible in the first place.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 09:44:12 |Display all floors
{:soso_e140:}{:soso_e161:}{:soso_e146:}{:soso_e145:}{:soso_e168:}
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 10:32:10 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-3 04:08
You aren't showing a dollar's worth of food in any of these pictures.
A little consistency would be  ...

I think the OP has given a very good and graphic display of the various food lines and costings - albeit some of the content in the newspaper underlay is a bit disturbing ....

The "poverty line" is relevant to the country where it is applied and the overall GDP to population ratio with the added component of the equation being earnings per head of capita directly applied with the "slice of reality" that many times the massive earnings of the elite and overpaid create a false picture of earnings for the lower paid and those with no income at all.

The statement by another forumite points to the homeless forced to survive on picking from the garbage dumps and bins - yet we never see those people entered into the equation when governments set a "poverty line".

Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 17:31:19 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-3 09:16
I don't recall a whole state being evacuated for anything. Not really possible in the first place.

metaphorically speaking.
Still,I got that one not from outside, but from alaskan ridicouling what is evacuated for in the south, saying they had those winds there like every second day.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 22:33:32 |Display all floors
hehe for some fat americans not having enought money for 3 big mac fryes and a pizza too is poverty

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-4 02:19:13 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-3-3 01:31
metaphorically speaking.
Still,I got that one not from outside, but from alaskan ridicouling what  ...

How many tornadoes of F3 or larger have you had in Europe lately?
How many Hurricanes of Cat 3 or greater have you had in Europe lately?
How many earth quakes of 6.0 or greater have you had in Europe lately?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.