Author: aki1

10 Amazing Offices Around the World [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-24 14:37:49 |Display all floors
8. Medina Turgul Office by Erginoglu & Calislar Architects
Erginoglu & Calislar Architects selected this stone-walled salt barn for the office of Medina Turgul DDB.  E&C rehabbed the aging building and maintained its picturesque stone walls, giving this ad agency a classical flair.  This 11,100 square foot building features exposed duct work, black steel beams as accents, glass dividers and a large-reaching central table for meetings and community work.  This office is a prime example of successfully merging the modern with the medieval.
Medina-Turgul-Office-by-Erginoglu-Calislar-Architects-2.jpg
Medina-Turgul-Office-by-Erginoglu-Calislar-Architects-1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-24 14:41:21 |Display all floors
9. Long Barn Studio Nicolas Tye Architects
s mentioned above, the talent of an architect is measured by the design of their own office.  Such is true with the Long Barn Studio by Nicolas Tye Architects, which was built as an expression of this architect’s ideology.  The long barn studio was designed to sit humbly against the rolling hill woodland in central England.  Constructed for less than $370,000, this 2,200 square foot office space focused on sustainability and cost savings while creating a remarkable working environment for its inhabitants.
long-barn-studio_nicolas-tye-architects_1.jpg
long-barn-studio_nicolas-tye-architects_2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-24 14:42:40 |Display all floors
10. White Mountain Office by Albert France Lanord Architects
With a design to make a Bond villain jealous, the White Mountain Office by Albert France Lanord Architects is easily one of the most amazing offices in the world.  White Mountain Office is home to a Swedish ISP– 100 feet below the surface of Stockholm.  The space was once used as an anti-atomic shelter, intended to provide an escape from atomic blasts and the resulting fallout.  In 2008, Albert France-Lanord Architects rehabbed the 4,000 square foot shelter to become the home of Bahnhof AB data center and office.  We’ll bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that you couldn’t walk through this office without cracking a dated Austin Powers joke.
White-Mountain-Office_albert-france-lanord-architects_3.jpg
White-Mountain-Office_albert-france-lanord-architects_2.jpg
White-Mountain-Office_albert-france-lanord-architects_1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 05:38:42 |Display all floors
My office is 10x better. I work from home and sometimes I sit at my computer desk fully naked.

Don't be jealous!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 12:22:07 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-2-25 05:38
My office is 10x better. I work from home and sometimes I sit at my computer desk fully naked.

Don ...

G'day from SHIE District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province. Similarly I have a great pad on the 15th floor facing South. Out the window are 4 parrallel rail lines, an intercity highway, several major interdistrict roads, a large industrial warehouse and wholesale complex, and many modern residential towers. whenever I wish to see the vibrance and bustle of CHINA, all that is required is to glance out from the window at the ever changing skyline. Watch the trains, or the pigeons and other feathered friends. If it is work time I can draw the curtains and back to the charts.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-28 16:19:07 |Display all floors
Really a good place, people according to landscape and natural perfect compatible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-28 17:51:43 |Display all floors
Fortunately I'm not an architect. The offices above do not really fit my taste.
Seriously, I'd prefer working in some office developed by Herzog&De Meuron (the architects of the Bird's nest in Beijing) if I could choose.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.