Author: DSseeing

China urges EU to halt carbon tax [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-3 01:48:23 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-2 08:21
Got money to tour no money to pay tax?

If EU implements , China and US don't , money goes into co ...

Much needed cash for leisurely EU ventures. I agree, haha. The Greeks have suffered for too long. Have mercy.

Most of that "tour" money you keep talking about is actually business travel expenditures. Small-to-medium sized businesses having to pay a useless tax that's doesn't accomplish anything. What a waste. What a burden. What does it accomplish? You tell me?

Most of those rich Chinese "super shoppers" that travel to Paris are a disgrace to themselves. Money and materialism clots their mind. No manners. I don't like that. I don't care about them. They can pay this extra tax. I give the EU permission, haha.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 02:10:21 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-3-3 01:48
Much needed cash for leisurely EU ventures. I agree, haha. The Greeks have suffered for too long.  ...

Likely the case will be brought to the WTO by China and US on one side and EU on the other side.

Shameful China shameful US if it has to come to that.

Personally I think it is a very good tax, very good way to raise money and does not break any WTO rules..
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 02:46:18 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-3 02:10
Likely the case will be brought to the WTO by China and US on one side and EU on the other side.

Raise money for what?  What does it accomplish?  Does every Euro paid going to make the pollution magically disappear?  I'm afraid you've been watching too many Disney movies. This is the real world.

Wanting to apply a tax unilaterally on airlines based in sovereign states which operate in a global industry? Wow. These Euro "Knights and Gladiators" are going to have their hands full. Two largest economies are fervently against it. I'm not a fan of gambling but I think I'll put my money on China and U.S.A coming out ahead.  

Misguided Euros should be restrained from hurting our nation with their misguided and unpractical fantasies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:17:28 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-3-3 02:46
Raise money for what?  What does it accomplish?  Does every Euro paid going to make the pollution  ...

Raise money for what?

That is between the government and the voters who vote them in.

I think you do realize the EU is a little short of money............hahahahaha.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:23:23 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-3-3 02:46
Raise money for what?  What does it accomplish?  Does every Euro paid going to make the pollution  ...

Your second objection also has no basis.

What business is not global business?

Eu has every right to determine its own tax policies, entry permits, visitor tax, entry tax, passport fees, you name it.

The only consideration is whether it breaks any WTO rules regarding protectionism.    But if applied fairly and equally irrespective of nationality, then, WTO should have no objection.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:36:31 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-3 03:17
Raise money for what?

Cash down the drain. I don't feel like paying for the Greeks and the Spaniards idiocy. No thanks. I think even you are starting to realize what a swindle this is.

Swindle: to put forward plausible schemes or use unscrupulous trickery to defraud others; cheat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 03:42:06 |Display all floors
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-3-3 03:36
Cash down the drain. I don't feel like paying for the Greeks and the Spaniards idiocy. No thanks.  ...

You don't have to go if you don't like to pay.

Still, I think it is a very good tax, fair, equitable, shifts the tax burden to the rich on a user pay basis.

......and yes, protect the environment at the same time.

This tax is in the same category as cigarette tax., and alcohol tax and sin taxes.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.