Author: DSseeing

China urges EU to halt carbon tax [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-25 11:44:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-2-25 13:03
chinanumberone Post time: 2012-2-25 04:44
Too early to know. The potential for international retaliation and the start of a trade war isolat ...

people like you is easy to understand. You look at  who is doing what rather than what is  being done.

If China do it, you will find a way to support it.

That is why I say, China, US should do their own airline carbon tax too. EU system is indeed designed to be global. They say so too, EU wants it to be implemented world wide. ....eventually.

Who flies? Only the rich flies., it is a user pay system. Most fair. If the government think it has enough money , then they can start reducing  or eliminating payroll taxes and other forms of taxes on the poor.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 11:53:46 |Display all floors
the word tax and everyone has wild imaginations.

add in the word carbon tax, the reflex action becomes acute for some.

Who pays for all the smoke in the sky caused by the airlines? Look up in the sky and see the pollution caused by the air planes. About time we have a more equitable system,
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 13:07:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-25 12:50
Who has to collect that money off the passengers and hand it over to the Europeans?

I suggest: Th ...

those are implementation issues, I am less familiar. I have to assume, eventually it is the passengers who  have to absorb it just like airport taxes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 14:16:58 |Display all floors
nothing makes more sense than a user pay system, nothing makes more sense than  if it targets the rich.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 15:11:45 |Display all floors
Basically, Seneca and Revolutionar support the carbon tax scam...
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 15:40:50 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-2-25 15:11
Basically, Seneca and Revolutionar support the carbon tax scam...

scams are pyramid schemes and those Heartland Institute people.

Having a scheme to make the rich pay a bit more on user pay basis is a very equitable thing to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 15:40:58 |Display all floors
Jasus why has such a tax?Nonsense why why why why.we must say no to US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.