Author: DSseeing

China urges EU to halt carbon tax [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-25 02:02:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-24 20:54
China is speaking with a forked tongue: On one hand it is bragging that it is developing clean sourc ...

...and yes China is further expanding it's Solar-Products. We're taking that industry by the balls.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 02:33:35 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-2-25 01:59
you dont like the name carbon tax, then call it traveller tax. Can or cannot?

China USA jealous b ...

You can call it "happy fairy tax" or "flowers and roses tax" and it's still going to be a burden and a obstacle to the healthy growth of a fundamental industry. Europe doesn't have much to lose..they like going down the mountain. I think they're masochists, lolololol. We should combat what we perceive as climate change in our specific way, on our own terms. That's something U.S.A, Russia, China and Japan can all agree on. Outgrowing the problem through sheer innovation and healthy business practices. Say no to taxes, say yes to innovation. That's the simple way of putting it. Just like China's already dominating the solar industry. There's no rush. Just hysteria. I think you need to take Business 101. I'm a economics major. I know what I'm talking about.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 02:59:39 |Display all floors
China and U.S.A fervently agreeing on something. That tells you all you need to know about this tax.

It's negatives far outweigh it's positives. It's not that serious but these misguided efforts should be shut down and opposed as soon as they touch paper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 04:44:35 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-2-25 00:04
"China has banned its airlines from complying with the EU scheme, which requires airplanes that land ...

Too early to know. The potential for international retaliation and the start of a trade war isolating the EU is now a step further to reality and the EU needs to drop its local playground bully tactics and its arrogance in assuming it can apply a tax unilaterally on airlines based in sovereign states which operate in a global industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 08:07:56 |Display all floors
dont agree with it either

soon plating trees as an ETS will be more profitable than growing wheat or rice
money should be spent on research into new effecient engines and power stations.
clean coal etc
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 09:45:12 |Display all floors
Carbon tax = money making scam. The EU bastards should find a better solution.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 10:21:25 |Display all floors
The EU should just impose the tax on passengers entering and leaving the EU an leave the airlines out of it; the passengers tickets show where they are coming from or going to so calculating mileage is simple and in the end it is the the passengers who pay anyway. It is ridiculous to be charging airlines for landing to pick up or drop off a few travelers; many inter continental flights land only to refuel.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.