Author: vivian0102

China should ban bear bile extraction   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-2-19 05:20:28 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-2-19 05:16
If I get to July, then the roast beef did me proud for 60 years.

And not only had my gall bladde ...

They weren't knocked out.

Cos I wouldn't allow that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 05:51:10 |Display all floors
The situation for bears in the world varies drastically from one country to another; in North America they are often killed because they become a nuisance, and they are buried in landfills which is a terrible waste of the meat but also parts that also be of value to people, they are also hunted and killed for trophies harvesting only the hide and head, some people hunt them for meat while many people refuse to even taste it, but people who are fed the meat thinking it is pork can't tell the difference until they are told what they have just eaten, The shortage of food in China has led to the use of every organ and parts of all animals such as feet, heads, and eyeballs that most westerners would never consider eating. Providing that bears are not killed just to harvest the bile and the entire bear is used for food and other purposes I can see no reason to object to the practice; we have to learn to accept each other's cultural practices, but also protect endangered species from extinction. China could be a good market for disposing of unwanted bears instead of consigning them to dumps and landfills.  
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 08:51:53 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-19 03:45
Gee, this is bad. Kind of like making foie gras in France.
But I almost forgot, I don't want to rain ...

Absolutely agree. Any type of animal abuse is a disgrace to humanity as a race and shows as that we haven't used properly the fact that we are at the top of the trophic chain.

STOP ANIMAL ABUSE!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 09:14:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-19 09:14
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-2-19 05:29
I think gweilo gay marriage, and gays adopting children obnoxious acts also!
Do we Chinese interfe ...

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough; I a m a pro-animal activist...I am against this practice and ny other that supposes produce any type of suffering on animals like forced feeding ducks to rpoduces foie or bullfighting shows, or clubbing seals to obtain their meat!
As for farm animals, I thi nk there should also be controls on the way the animals are kept, fed and raised, no matter this happens where!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 22:17:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-19 11:28
Who are you to decide our culture is "evil"? You must have an evilly chauvinistic mind.

there is no culture with gay marriage

only perversions and degenerating of culture, and anti-culture

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 22:23:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lono_Sainoa at 2012-2-19 22:24
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-18 04:43
Yes, you already have gone on and on and on about everything you post.
Copy and paste from your lat ...

do you have something to say about the LDS people, clown, say it, dont puss around

be a man

argue any point you feel brave enough to muster

your tired pathetic excuses for escaping any and all culture is simply laughable

make up a god yet?

lets hear about it

we all know you are just pretending to believe in a god so as not to be laughed out of China

we all know it pains you to mutter the words, whilst keeping up your facade

be more weak,

if weak had a name and a body, it'd be you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-19 23:14:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-18 04:43
Yes, you already have gone on and on and on about everything you post.
Copy and paste from your lat ...

the LDS people, the Muhoammudists, the Judaics, and all other Christians, Buddhists, Hindu, and Cultural Sects around the world since the dawn of man, all testify of the same basic thing

and those people represent 99.999% of the Chinese people

not counting the ones who read and were influenced by homosexual foreigners and retarded atheists like yourself and now spend their time cross-dressing and trying to be mysterious

what have you to say about LDS? and Me?....

break out your best attack

can the braindead monkey do anything but pull off-handed slanderous remarks out of his smelly money-maker?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.