Views: 3674|Replies: 27

Running naked in the snow , is called EDUCATION ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-9 16:09:59 |Display all floors
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_9606d2f601012gdc.html

A video shows in the morning of New Year's Eve , only 4 yrs old boy from Nanjing wearing a light yellow shorts and sneakers, running naked on New York street under -13 ℃ with his father’s encouragment.

He cried for hug and do not want to run anymore,but he still kept running and finished with the last push-up.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-9 16:32:33 |Display all floors
Apparently his parents think so. Sounds a weird type of educatio to me, if you ask, anyways! I have never had my kids doing such things and the three of them are very well educated.....but.....to each his own!
Some time ago a book was published by a "tiger mother", now it seems we have and "eagle father" here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-9 20:48:18 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-2-9 16:32
Apparently his parents think so. Sounds a weird type of educatio to me, if you ask, anyways! I have  ...

Thanks for your post and opnions.

Really it is hard for me to understand why the father was like that, the family was only a short-time sojourn in US and father took chance to educate his son . I am suspicous about his doings.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 00:26:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Tien at 2012-2-10 00:27
greatlady Post time: 2012-2-9 20:48
Thanks for your post and opnions.

Really it is hard for me to understand why the father was like  ...

That's his method of teaching his own kid some toughness, i think it's good that he's obviously a rich dad but taking responsibility and not neglecting his child to mold his disabled child to what he is today, as long as it is not abuse, and trust me, kids can tell what action is abuse and what action is done with love or discipline. I have seen far worst punishment like caning, but i never see it as abuse if done for the right reason. Abuse is when you hit your kid for no reason, or out of anger or stress, or when you are drunk, i don't see why people are making a big deal out of this. My own idea is to teach kids responsibility, when i am a dad i will make sure my kids is capable of doing anything on their own and be responsible for their own mistakes, they must also know how to clean the dishes everyday, and do simple house chores and be responsible with their money not just being good at study, that is not enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 08:29:29 |Display all floors
the kid has underwear and shoes on

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-2-10 09:03:19 |Display all floors
Why didn't his parents strip off and join him walking in the swow? I would give them applause if they did so. Besides, what would the kid be thinking of after he grows up? Thank his father or blame for his father?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 09:12:31 |Display all floors
Apparently the child has some kind of "deficiency"...read the article but can't remember the wording. This was to help him control it and still prosper. Hell, my dad did the same to me when I was young to toughen me up for the military days ahead....no big deal!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.