Author: angela627

Top Social Etiquette [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-6 12:59:14 |Display all floors
No.3 If You're Stuck In An Intersection, Back Up

If the light is green but you can't make it all the way through the intersection, you must wait until a space opens up before you go. It is not OK to drive into the intersection, get stuck there as the light turns red and then obstruct the cross traffic for a solid 60 seconds when their light turns green. Even worse is turning to the cross traffic and making helpless gestures as if to say, "But it's not my fault! There's a car in my way! I can't go!"

EDIT: Everyone who thinks I'm talking about going into the intersection and waiting until you can turn left (or turning left when the light turns red), no, that's obviously acceptable.
-zlozmonster
8.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:59:46 |Display all floors
No.2 Walk On The Sides Of The Sidewalk

Slow walkers might want to avoid staying exactly in the middle of the sidewalk, occupying it completely. Oh, what a beautiful day it would be for me!
-ninjakitteh
9.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 13:00:23 |Display all floors
No.1 Say Thank You Always - But Especially When Someone Holds Open The Door

Nothing pisses me off more than when someone doesn't simply say "thanks" when I hold the door for them. Is it really that difficult? Do they feel they deserve doors to be held open for them, rather than someone just being kind? I always say "thanks a lot" when someone holds the door for me, regardless of whether I am on the phone or in conversation with whomever I'm with -- cause it takes about half a second to do, and lets them know you appreciate the gesture. Pass it along.
-bashboogie
10.jpg

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-6 19:59:00 |Display all floors
angela627 Post time: 2012-2-6 13:00
No.1 Say Thank You Always - But Especially When Someone Holds Open The Door

Nothing pisses me off m ...

I do all of them except for the last one.I do not allow anybody to open the door for me.I open it by myself.Thank God I have two  healthy hands.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 22:17:13 |Display all floors
Basically it's just about respecting oneself and each other well.
Nobody likes having own time wasted by others,
the logical consequence is not wasting the time of others either.
Personal Hygiene is at the basis of respecting your own body,
being inconsiderate about it also sends strong negative signals to your sourrounding,
at least outside China.
And I'm not talking about the migrant Worker supplying your food, building your streets and houses,
which naturally leads to considerable dirt and dust, city dwellers should keep that in mind when trying to make themselves feel better by looking down upon them.
But an expensive Rolex bought in HK does NOT excuse and outshine those unwashed white socks, rotten teeth and stuff for someone who only proves mere neglectance with it.
Do you want to constantly be forced to inevitably be exposed to the shouting, yelling, noise from others?
So keep your own volume down as well.
Wouldn't you like to walk on clean sidewalks and streets rather than filthy ones?
keep your litter for yourself and throw it in the containers designated for it, rather than just dumping it behind you as you go, don't spit around, don't defeacate into streets, shopping malls etc., because your own mess is also inconvenient to those around you.

stuff like that, essentially.
Be considerate about your sourrounding and yourself, and the rest pretty much comes from that.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-7 14:19:27 |Display all floors
Say " thanks a lot " when someone holds the door for me...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-7 15:05:10 |Display all floors
GOOD ONES... Sure well-mannered people are more welcomed and easy to get on with....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.