Author: angela627

the Most Important Sacred Places in the World [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-3 14:10:27 |Display all floors
8. Mahabodhi Temple

The Mahabodhi Temple is one of the most impressive sacred places in the world and the holiest site of Buddhism. Consequently, it is every year visited by thousands of Buddhist and Hindu pilgrims, as well as tourists. It is believed that this place is the site where Siddharta Guatama attained enlightenment and became Buddha.
8.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 14:10:55 |Display all floors
9. Luxor Temple

Luxor Temple is magnificent. It is so large that an entire village was arranged within its walls. Built in the 14th century BC, it was dedicated to Amun (later, Amun-Ra), the creator god of the Egyptian theology. At night, the temple is lightened, offering a spectacular view to its visitors.
9.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 14:11:17 |Display all floors
10. Notre Dame Cathedral

This is a famous cathedral of an extraordinary beauty, in Paris. It was built between 1163 and 1250 and it is considered one of the most iconic examples of gothic architecture. Having witnessed numerous historical events, it was often damaged and several times restored. Today, it is one of France’s symbols and a great place to visit for spiritual and cultural purposes.
10.jpg

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-6 14:17:12 |Display all floors
I don't have to travel far to visit my most sacred place. While sitting here I've pondered God and my life many times.

sacred place.jpg

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.