Author: wowzers

Thank Goodness for Hong Kong   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-5 22:53:59 |Display all floors
Senior CD Writer Huang Xiangyang, rather than Kong Troll anyone?
chinadaily  .com   .cn   /cndy/2012-01/20/content_14479510.h   t   m
Internet users from the mainland overwhelmingly pointed to Hong Kong residents' sense of superiority - something that was routinely felt by the less wealthy mainlanders when they visited Hong Kong before its return to the motherland in 1997 - only a very few took a neutral stand, noting that mainland tourists should learn to behave themselves while Hong Kong people should be more tolerant and not overact.

I would no doubt have reacted in the same way as most of my mainland compatriots if I had not lived in Hong Kong for five years. In fact, I was expecting to experience discrimination when I was first sent to the city in 2000 to work for the local bureau of our newspaper.

After all, I had experienced not so subtle discrimination in big cities such as Shanghai where I could not speak the local dialects. Given Hong Kong's history as a British colony for more than 150 years, what more could I expect?

Yet my fears never materialized. Instead, my five years living and working in Hong Kong are some of my most pleasant memories. Instead of enmity and discrimination, I was shown hospitality and care by the local people, who were always polite and ready to help.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 13:54:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aa@edward at 2012-2-6 13:57
seneca Post time: 2012-2-5 11:42
Well, as before, you sound like a frustrated centipede who failed to make it across the Shenzhen s ...

Don't see why are so dumb and dump this time around; pissing away like a runaway beaten snake crawling and turning and twisting right on your own door steps! Stirring up again and again like a kind of 'foreign devils' is also failing you very badly.

Very good for those who have succeeded to be migrants or immigrants of Hong Kong ( * in fact all chinese honkies are local chinese, immigrants from and Chinese proper of the Chinese maniland in case @senecca does NOT even know nor realise upto now *);  and when honkies have had 'enough number' of them, you and your honky buddies will protest with locusts again though I sincerely hope, not, any longer!

Have a nice day swinging your clubs, @senecca !!

What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 09:29:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 03:03:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.