Author: desperado123

Tiffs between Hong Kong-Mainland   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-5 16:46:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-5 16:40
How times have changed...

Not many years before, Mainlanders used to grouse about the "rich Hong Ko ...

I have to say that I agree to this post of yours......Not all mainlanders have the manners needed to move around. But for sure the great majority DO!

And that keeps the Island alive!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 16:57:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-5 16:59
seneca Post time: 2012-2-5 16:52
3 February, 2012: GLOBAL TIMESS

Mainlanders may become civilized yet

In the Shanghai subway eating and drinking is forbidden but still you can see people doing it! I did have an argument a few days back when riding the subway with a young guy who was sitting with both his feet agaist the standing bars. I explained to him that was not proper and not civilized and he asnwered with an insult to which I restoted that I would call 110 and report the incident. Luckily soon a number of other riders came to my support scolding the guy and the way he was making the whole Chinese lose face in front of a foreigner and his family (our kids were there too), so I said in Chinese it has nothing to do if I am a froeigner or not.

Edit: I think that some people have no type of manners, Chinese and non-Chinese and the rest have to let them know that what they are doing is wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 08:48:09 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2012-2-4 16:24
Pregnant HK women flocked to U.S. hospitals in droves about 15 years ago, creating similar indigna ...

The difference being that in the US, it's "user pays". In HK, do people, HK or otherwise have to pay to give birth in a public hospital? If mainlanders have to pay, then maybe they should turn it into a profit based business which will then feed nett earnings back into the HK healthcare system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 10:00:24 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-2-6 08:48
The difference being that in the US, it's "user pays". In HK, do people, HK or otherwise have to p ...

As a matter of fact, yes they pay, but as Seneca points out rightfully here, the benefits obtained for delivering in Hong Kong for a mainlander seem to be higher than the fee paid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 10:01:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-6 10:02
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-2-6 08:48
The difference being that in the US, it's "user pays". In HK, do people, HK or otherwise have to p ...

What is completely out of my understanding is why one  would like to obtain for her offsprings a HK residency unless the family has enough money to fork out the cost of living and raising a family in HK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 10:03:52 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-2-6 09:01
What is completely out of my understanding is why one  would like to obtain for her offsprings a H ...

Probably greater freedoms there to travel etc, better social security and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 14:48:24 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-2-5 07:23
mswrong,

I have not said Mainlanders were not ready for the ballot,

"The Fact is Hong Kong IS better than China, and you may did good to accept that and try to learn from them and adapt to that higher standard, rather than expecting them to adapt to savage ways."

Being called a dog is less offensive than being called savage. If you had read my posts, nowhere did I defend the boorish behavior of some mainlanders.  In fact, I think Kong should have chastised his comrades' bad behavior, giving Chinese tourists a bad reputation not just in HK but elsewhere as well.  
Thankfully not everyone is hung up with a superiority complex mentality which serves to aggravate the situation..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.