Author: desperado123

Tiffs between Hong Kong-Mainland   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-4 20:18:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aa@edward at 2012-2-4 20:19
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-2-4 20:07
I'M NO FRIKKIN HONGKIE!,
but it's pretty obvious to me from my own observations back there and in  ...

You are getting yourself so sucked up as though blinkers are hurting your eyeballs. If it is NOT enough for you; then the liberty here is to get on with it like a parrot other than wanting to blow more holes between honkies and chinese mainlanders. Sounding as though YOU are not at all a chinese blooded kind. Hope this clears up your eyeballs and enjoy a parrot style.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 05:44:14 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-2-4 18:13
Even if that were the case,
what's the size of HK compared to the size of the US, and what's the s ...

Chinese mainlanders definitely should observe rules and improve their poor manners, especially while traveling abroad.  At least you and Jackie Chan are in agreement that they're not ready for democracy. But I ain't silencing myself to please you.

HK'ers weren't that welcome by locals when they 'invaded' Vancouver (Hongcouver) to take advantage of the relatively low cost of housing, plus other social benefits.  Complaints about their lack of civic consciousness (littering) abounded.   Rich HK'ers also loved to flaunt their wealth, sending their spoiled kids to school in luxury cars.   Mainlanders  are only repeating the loutish behavior of HK'ers, who are just angry that they have lost their status as the rich relatives to their formerly poor brethren.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 07:23:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-2-5 07:32
msrong Post time: 2012-2-5 05:44
Chinese mainlanders definitely should observe rules and improve their poor manners, especially whi ...

mswrong,

I have not said Mainlanders were not ready for the ballot,
the Villagers of Wukan prove you and Jack wrong on that,
and Taiwan shows that you don't necesserily need a super evolved, top GDP/Capita Society for it to make a great difference.
- I mean you just don't deserve it, that is Difference!

If you disagree, prove it, by working to get your rights to it at home.
I certainly don't agree to that spineless 3rd rate actor, talking water, drinking wine.

It has, at any time, always been the Chinese Side, pouring fuel int the fire and upping the ante.
HK Reactions may not seem nice to you,
but how about for once starting to reflect own Chinese actions self critically?
HKers did not start rolling media campaigns against the other Side.
HKers did not start calling de-humanising Names.

Over a hundred years, they had the brits gouverning them, and letting them gouvern themselves mostly, in an evidently much better way than you did gouvern yourselves, earning the local's support and loyalties, how about you having a try at that for a chance, showing attempts to earn it? Rather than showing up their, thinking you were naturally entitled to their respect, support and loyalty, demanding Grattitude (for what?) and expecting them to adapt to your Chinese savage ways, while you trample on everything they value.

If you want to defuse the situation, it's just arrogant and cynical to ask HKers to swallow it, in order to not make Chinese lose face by merely exposing them as what you are and do, while continuasly defeacating in their's.
Get a grip, that's just hypochratical, well you're champions in being that, I give you that.

If you are sincere in wanting to defuse the situation get Kong to apologise publically to HK,
or support the Students Campaign of Peking University to get rid of him.
Then you earn yourself the right to claim to have been constructive in this.

The Fact is Hong Kong IS better than China, and you may did good to accept that and try to learn from them and adapt to that higher standard, rather than expecting them to adapt to savage ways.

I can't put enough importance here, on quoting CD Writer Huang Xiangyang here as the sincere and reasonable antidote to Kong's fuelling  Lies and miserable Lies.

Internet users from the mainland overwhelmingly pointed to Hong Kong residents' sense of superiority - something that was routinely felt by the less wealthy mainlanders when they visited Hong Kong before its return to the motherland in 1997 - only a very few took a neutral stand, noting that mainland tourists should learn to behave themselves while Hong Kong people should be more tolerant and not overact.

I would no doubt have reacted in the same way as most of my mainland compatriots if I had not lived in Hong Kong for five years. In fact, I was expecting to experience discrimination when I was first sent to the city in 2000 to work for the local bureau of our newspaper.

After all, I had experienced not so subtle discrimination in big cities such as Shanghai where I could not speak the local dialects. Given Hong Kong's history as a British colony for more than 150 years, what more could I expect?

Yet my fears never materialized. Instead, my five years living and working in Hong Kong are some of my most pleasant memories. Instead of enmity and discrimination, I was shown hospitality and care by the local people, who were always polite and ready to help.

chinadaily   .com   .cn   /cndy/2012-01/20/content_14479510.h  t  m

edit:
Gotta say though,
locust world is a damn nice song and music video, very well sounding, and much better style format and more creative than the lies of Kong Qingdong.
I understand that it is even more so hurtful to locusts/Chinese/"Mainlanders" as the makers kept it with true facts that they don't like to see themselves exposed about them, as compared with the Lies of Kong.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 09:47:58 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-2-5 07:23
mswrong,

I have not said Mainlanders were not ready for the ballot,

You write a lot to say very little....but that we already knew from you. What has to be said is that HK would be a desert of empty buildings were it not for the "mainlanders" that now they like to call "locusts". Hong KOng, as Singapore, has suffered what is known as the easts dis-investment process; mcuh of which has gone to mainland China (Guangdong to certain extent and Shanghai, mainly!).
So next time the people in Hong Kong want to complain, they'd better think WHO is supporting their life style!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 11:48:37 |Display all floors
Just don't go to hong kong or shop and eat in hong kong companies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 16:35:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-2-5 16:37
seneca Post time: 2012-2-5 16:24
I think you were talking about San Campostello but as far as I know, that's nowhere near Macau or  ...

Yeah, well, what else can be expected from someone like you, evicted form Hong Kong, landed in Guangzhou and now trying to find a "relative" open door to Australia?

Hong Kong is still alive because Beijing and the mainlanders keep it alive! Period!

Hong Kong has nothing to offer to foreign business that Shanghai can't beat, so reality for them, as for Singapore, as I said in my previous post, is that they have to cope now with expensive land price and increasing isolation from international markets thus mainland Chinese tourist make a big difference because these bring fresh cash to spend......and sure they do, just take a look at the the long queues outside luxury stores in HK!

Edit: As for me and my living period in Shunde, well yes I did. And I did visit Hong Kong regulary. I do like Hong Kong very much it offers many interesting things for both adults and children to enjoy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-5 16:40:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-5 16:24
I think you were talking about San Campostello but as far as I know, that's nowhere near Macau or  ...

I don't know exactly where San Compostello is as you mention in your post....in any case, if you wanted to sound funny and witty (which you are clearly not) the name of the Spanish city close to that one is Santiago de Compostela.

P.S.: Stop drinking and you will see things better!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.