Views: 6502|Replies: 3

IS WHEN TO USE UPPER OR LOWER CASE CONFUSING [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-31 23:31:00 |Display all floors
Even though I know english, and have my whole life, sometimes I wonder when I should be using the upper or lower case.

I have seen that in relation to the chinese dialect, when writing in english, the lower case is used most often.

Does anyone know why or how which case to use?  Why does english have the upper and lower case,
whilst, most dialects have a unicase?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-18 02:50:39 |Display all floors
upper case is used to start a sentence :- I was riding my bicycle one day in the rain when.......................... for somebody's name :- I was at the shop buying bread, when Mr Smith my neighbour..........................
for headlines :- CHINA DAILY
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 19:13:54 |Display all floors
Use all UPPER CASE if you are shouting at someone .  Start a sentence with a UPPER CASE alphabet.  Names should start with UPPER CASE alphabets.  Names of countries also.  
Anyway dont get confused.  It will all come to you in due time.  All the best
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-29 16:41:01 |Display all floors
I hope you can find what you need to know here.

http://www.engvid.com/when-to-use-capital-letters/

Use magic tools Report

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.