Views: 4517|Replies: 8

Chinese Male pole dancer makes the grade ……… [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-31 16:36:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-1-31 16:51

A 23-year-old Chinese man has carved out an unusual career - as a professional pole dancer.

Ha Tao says he has been obsessed by the activity since first seeing a woman pole dance in a pub six years ago.

"I was so attracted by her dancing that I completely forgot my friends and just stared at her the whole night," he said.

"I thought it was something that I could do. My friends scoffed and said it was just for women but I was determined."

However, his home town, Qingdao in eastern China's Shandong Province, has something of a macho reputation and local dance schools refused to teach him because he was a man.

Ha started learning at home by watching videos and eventually moved away from home to Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, where he found a dance school prepared to take him.

"During the day, I learnt the skills in the training school, while at night I danced in pubs to earn the tuition fees," he said.

After five years, he came back home an accomplished pole dancer and says he now earns £6,000 a month dancing, and also works as a pole dancing instructor.

"It's a living that I couldn't even imagine before. But I care more about my dancing. Money is not that important to me as long as I am doing what I like," he added.

"Some people still yell at me when I dance because I am a man, and some even throw fluorescent sticks at me, but pole dancing is my life. I won't give it up."

pole.jpg

{:soso_e114:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-31 16:53:56 |Display all floors

After five years, he came back home an accomplished pole dancer ........

Wow ....... !

That's a long time  ........

I wonder if anyone has told him what the pole is supposed to represent  .........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 16:55:32 |Display all floors
And even Aussies do this  ...........  !

BUDAPEST—Spinning upside down around a tall silver rod here last weekend, an Australian fellow named Matty Shields stared down a panel of women judges, a mainly female crowd and decades of stereotypes. He hoped to become a gender pioneer: the world's first official king of pole dancing.

I bet Canadians would like this sort of thing  ........      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:26:21 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-31 16:55
And even Aussies do this  ...........  !

BUDAPEST—Spinning upside down around a tall silver rod he ...

Canadians are too strong and stiff to learn that kind of dance.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-8 21:29:31 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-2-8 21:26
Canadians are too strong and stiff to learn that kind of dance.

I wouldn't know  ......

I avoid them .........      

And no ......

Please do not tell me any more about that  .......

I have just had my tea ...........                 

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-9 21:11:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatlady at 2012-2-9 21:30
expatter Post time: 2012-2-8 21:29
I wouldn't know  ......

Great to know you like tea,

Tea makes us healthy and strong ;

But the chocolate beverage make them fat and less flexible.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-9 21:17:25 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-2-9 21:11
Great to know you like tea,

Tea makes us healthy and strong ;

I will stick to the tea ...........

It seems to be working quite well ...............      

Sounds like some members here have been drinking chocolate  ...............      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.