Author: angela627

Forbes: The world's healthiest diet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-31 16:27:38 |Display all floors
South Korea
Obesity rate: 10%
Life expectancy: 79 years

Pasternak believes the country's diet has something to do with its relatively good health. Pasternak says South Koreans enjoy a low-fat diet that features tofu, noodles, fish and nutritionally rich fermented vegetables known as kimchi. Though barbecued beef is a favorite dish, South Koreans eat it sparingly, consuming just 16 pounds of beef per year compared to the American average of 67 pounds.
8.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 16:27:59 |Display all floors
Israel
Obesity rate: 24%
Life expectancy: 81 years

Israel's cuisine features several healthy staples, including legumes, eggplants and olive oil. Pasternak also points out that that the Israeli diet makes good use of spices, herbs and seeds. Tumeric, a spice that has anti-inflammatory properties, is used in curry dishes. Mint, which often shows up in the grain salad tabouli, contains manganese and vitamins A and C. Tahini is an essential ingredient in hummus, and it's made of sesame seeds high in several nutrients, including calcium, zinc and folic acid.

9.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 16:28:22 |Display all floors
Greece
Obesity rate: 25%
Life expectancy: 80 years

Pasternak is quick to point out that Grecians aren't as slim as they once were; more than 60% are overweight. Yet the traditional Greek diet is one of the most studied in the world. This cuisine emphasizes unsaturated fats, whole grains, legumes, vegetables and fish. Meat is eaten sparingly. Common ingredients are omega-3 rich sardines, chickpeas, barley and vegetables like eggplant and peppers.
10.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 16:50:33 |Display all floors
what can be learned from this thread is that:

everyone can be healthy as long as Eat less and exercise more.

and if you die,
don't be too harsh on yourself.

you are just quantum  fluctuation, just a statistics.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 17:14:27 |Display all floors
Sweden meat and sweet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 17:25:25 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-1-31 17:14
Sweden  meat and sweet.

meat and sweet and live to 81.

what more you want?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 17:43:01 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-31 17:25
meat and sweet and live to 81.

what more you want?

For me personally, not much.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.