Views: 1886|Replies: 3

What if we were laptops??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-29 22:00:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mapleripple at 2012-1-29 22:01

{:soso_e174:}My mom used to say "Life was like a laptop computer, you never know when it's gonna crash."

Born: on a sunny Saturday afternoon, you go to a digit shop and buy a new laptop, you bring the new babe home, systems up

Adolescence: you downloaded software after software, changed wallpapers, decorated your "still new" babe with all the trimmings

Love: you bought a new computer game, maybe an adventure game, or maybe strategic, anyhow, you got taken away by it and have kept playing it for 6 months

Sullenness: the laptop's one year old now, no longer called a "new babe", you got tired of playing the game, the keys aren't as nimble as they used to be, you uninstall the game, and reshuffle the recycle bin

Adulthood: the laptop's been set on a track firmly enough that it has grown with its firewall, resisting "unwelcomed" information and softwares, maybe malwares or virus, but also could be system upgraders or chic gadgets; its looks are obsolete and its system's no longer the fad

Seniority: the system's crawling at a snail's pace and new softwares simply can't get loaded into the system, even if you wished to; the laptop breaks down too often that you're just getting... a little impatient

Death: the notorious "screen of death" pops up one day and the computer simply slips into a state which we call "persistent vegetative state", and it sucks

Afterlife: you format all the hard disks in fear of getting your nude pics out on the web; the computer may be passed on to a waste picker, and recycled, but all memories lost forever

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 02:34:10 |Display all floors
Well, transferring data from one hard drive to a new hard drive in a new computer is like transferring your mind to new body. That could represent immortality at some degree.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 08:12:13 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-1-30 02:34
Well, transferring data from one hard drive to a new hard drive in a new computer is like transferri ...

straight up, that's probably the reason people are so busy having sex with one another

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 20:19:42 |Display all floors
My Thinkpad is five years old now.
In these five years it has still never crashed a single time, still running smooth,
the keys that took several litres of beverages that left the case through integrated drainage
without any damage to the electronics are still more nimble than those of most other laptops in new condition. All those shocks from multiple falls to the floor have not left a scar on the shell or the harddisk.
High initial price it is, but try finding me a brand with lower tco.

As for me, I'm Young, I'm free, well educated, healthy, and my health is well covered.
I wouldn't mind aging like my Thinkpad, but I'm not sure if I really wanted to be immortal.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.