Views: 2012|Replies: 4

Is it bit too early to worry about self's health at 24? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-27 13:27:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mapleripple at 2012-1-28 10:06

healthcare-reform.jpg

I am 24, well, close to 25 now, but not yet {:soso_e113:}.

I went for a comprehensive checkup within the past week and here are my diagnoses.

Lung - pleural thickening
Stomach - chronic gastritis with helicobacter pylori
Heart - PVC (premature ventricular contraction)
Optical - 200 degrees of myopia
Cadiovascular - high blood pressure (90-140)

Besides checkups at the hospital, I took an online longevity test (Death Clock) and my expected age turned out to be 60. Horrible, isn't it? Well, I was bit of a cavalier maverick before not caring at all about my own health, and of course, the health of my beloved. Now deeply depressed at my parents getting old day by day and the burden on my shoulder getting heavier and heavier, I regret how stupid I was. But like I've always been, I look to the future.

From now on, I'll say no to cigarettes (actually I've quitted it a month ago{:soso_e100:}), alcohol, cola drinks, puffed food... and sure, I'll take more exercises. But the doctor said I could drink some red grape wine, just not be excessive. What do you think of my new health plan?

Wish I really could live to 60 with everyday passed by happily.

Wish all of you good health!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 15:01:07 |Display all floors
I think it is wise and never too early to be concerned about one's health and well-being.  I write this especially for the youths of China.  

Market opening with its stressful chasing of fulfillment and the intrusion of the world's lifestyles have both taken a toll of their health.  

The human body as much its mind is like the auto-engine, constantly in need of monitoring and maintenance.  Take it the difference is there is no parts replacements.  So the eyes, liver, lungs, kidneys, pancreas, stomach, guts and bladder need proper nutrition and balanced usage.

China has such a rich store of healthcare knowledge.  Don't waste it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 16:48:49 |Display all floors
let's take care of ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 17:29:41 |Display all floors
Mod, can i downgrade myself to Newcomer immediately? i would like to connect to someone...{:soso_e139:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 17:35:13 |Display all floors
Drink alcohol, smoke 20 fags a day and have sex until your heart beats 10 to the dozen..

Its done me no harm and i am comfortably old enough to be your dad.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.