Author: expatter

AI Weiwei. Is This Image Art or Politics ........ ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-23 22:25:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-23 22:26:04 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-23 22:27:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-23 22:38:47 |Display all floors
Seriously, he calls this art?

Before reading his "description", I thought he wanted to express his uneasiness after stepping into a toilet without putting on his shoes/slippers.  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-23 22:43:05 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2012-1-23 22:25
The theme of most contemporary art is to communicate via emotion not just on visuals.
I think, it is ...

Well a genuine welcome back and I will try to discuss with you in an open and honest manner  ......     

I did state to seneca in one of my posts that I do think that a lot of contemporary art is considered as good because of, who the artist is and what part of society they appeal to .......

My example was a pile of bricks and a pickled cow .......

I am also against obscene art which includes morally repulsive items to shock and foul language  .....

As you so rightly say, appreciation of art must lie with the commentator ..........

As for the rest of your comments I think that might be better left for when I get time to spend some more time on my thread: China Watch > Rouges Gallery. Ai Weiwei

Using old quotations and interviews so far in that thread I have shown that the numerous web sites that discuss AWW, do so by glossing over the man himself in his formative progression as an artist .......

I feel that that is important  to understand the man and at what point his rise started and in conjunction with what. And not just the sanitised version ........  

This is very difficult work as sometimes the internet is not that good, or any sites which are of interest are buried under a plethora of repeated articles in many other sites  .........

Again welcome back .......

Now if that could only be done with other posters and maybe even Wowsers  .......

Maybe we could enjoy a better forum ........         

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-23 22:53:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-23 20:18
That piece of artwork was displayed in Brussels and was a big hoax from the artist who claimed this  ...

Did you vote ........  ?
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-23 23:06:12 |Display all floors
Seriously, he calls this art?

If this is art, than that is art.  

Portugal is shown as a wooden cutting board with three pieces of meat in the shape of its former colonies of Brazil, Angola, and Mozambique
From the Entropa piece:

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.