Author: applezy

HELP: "总经济师" , English please. Chief Accountant? or Chief Economist? [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2004-4-1 04:52:14 |Display all floors



CEO = chief executive officer, and he is the top man in a corp.  I think you meant to say "Chief economics officer".  That is a small potato in a corp.

The China economist = 经济师 is the good translation which I saw in some web sites, however, it is a strange title, though less confusing.  But in USA, we do not have this kind of economist.  We either call them Economics clerk / englineer/ analyst or statistician depend on what the job is. Economist is a very supreme job.  Dr Greenspan is our top economist in my country and every word he said in public affects the  wallet of every American and person in the Entire world.
The  经济师 in China is a clerk probably projecting  some futures of the stocks or money exchange or global trends.  I do not think they dealt with personal finances of people either.  If they do they are call financial consultants, in the US.

I would recommend to translate that to "chief economics analyst/engineer" for "总经济师" to avoid confusion to non-Chinese. Even I got confuse and I can read Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email:
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.