Views: 9256|Replies: 29

Should I stay or should I go?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-19 09:40:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mapleripple at 2012-1-20 14:45

Well, I'll get to the point here.

I came back from England with a masters degree in International Marketing last Sep. After spending a month with my family, I went here in Shanghai to find work. I tried Philips, EF, Ogilvy and that all. But all failed. In fact, I got many other opportunities to explore. But I was alone here and money just got blown out day by day. So I joined a small firm specialized in corporate training services.

The sales manager expressed her "concern" at the interview saying I might be a snappy person that I might not be able to adapt to the firm's "slow" culture. In particular, she said it generally took more than 6 months to practice selling skills before setting out to customers. I nodded, cos I thought it might be a good, reasonable 6 months with lots of things to do.

But things turned out differently. I am here left alone with no assignments. All books are read, all things are learned. The sales manager doesn't have any plan in her mind yet. So she puts things off and off and off.

What's worse, the person I had respect for, the boss of the firm... turns out to be the sales manager's lover... knew this yesterday... shocked!

What the **** is happening? How should I respond to this ****?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:44:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CVHuan at 2012-1-18 19:45

Did you still get paid though at least?
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:45:02 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-1-19 09:44
Do you still get paid though at least?

getting paid as normal... but the boss pays other employees with higher salaries as far as i know

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:47:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CVHuan at 2012-1-18 19:47

If you don't have any other jobs to fall on or jobs you can easily switch to, stay with this job until then. Assuming it's hard to find another job.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:48:50 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-1-19 09:47
If you don't have any other jobs to fall on or jobs you can easily switch to, stay with this job unt ...

if finding another job is like boiling an egg, i'd not be in dilemma

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 14:54:46 |Display all floors
mapleripple Post time: 2012-1-19 09:48
if finding another job is like boiling an egg, i'd not be in dilemma

It's the biggest dilemma today in the world. Common everywhere. Finding a job.

That means if you already have one, then count your blessings even if they include underemployment which is what you're going through.  

Spend more time thinking out of the box on how to help the company develop its services, sell its services and build a proper system to evolve its training modules.  

As a minute example, small can have bigger market presence just by social media marketing. To populate such a virtual interactive site, write into it more content of your own, tapping your knowledge and analysis of international trends in marketing and training.

You shouldn't have a problem finding material to do that.  If i were to tap what i have, i will need at least fifteen more lifetimes.  I am sure i don't currently have even a small fraction of that left.

And don't court danger by talking about management's personal affairs.  Especially with a winsome photo on the worldwide web.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 15:34:24 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2012-1-19 14:54
It's the biggest dilemma today in the world. Common everywhere. Finding a job.

That means if you  ...

hey, i don't know what you do but you seem to know something about corporate training though... you know what, it's not me making a statement about the lifestyle of the management... it that... if a company's deadlocked, kidnapped by two ultra-powerful people (especially with sexual relations)... this organization's not gonna last long... and people genuinely won't stay with an organization that would fail.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.