Author: expatter

51% of Chinese Now Live in Cities. Well done China ............   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-20 13:12:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-20 12:40
From "Sold Down The River" 15 January, 2012, Sunday Morning Post Magazine

Thank you .........

The South China Morning Post ........... ?

OK ........

I will leave it at that as it speaks for itself  ........

And they want me to join up if I want to read the article ........

In a nutshell we already know that some are disgruntled about something, but this will be served up with egregious helpings of massive singular personalizations to create an account which whilst addressing an issue fantasizes it out of all proportions  .........

I just wish the SCMP would cover places like Bahrain, Saudi, Iraq and others ........

To balance their diet and prevent blatant bouts of flatulence   .......

Now that would be some interesting personalizations  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-20 15:19:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-20 14:59
Well, Expatter, if you wish the SCMP covered Bahrain more regularly, why don't you demand that the C ...

I am afraid the author of that article gave himself away with this phrase '"Concentration camps" ........

I have owned several houses in different parts of China and been into hundreds if not thousands of buildings in China, and let me tell you I would be the first out of the door if I saw those problems you describe as so apparently common.

None of my houses in China have ever cracked or leaned .........

As to the water problem, standard to the culture 'Old Boy', and is mostly this unbelievable nonsense they call decoration ............

Someone sells and someone buys. Then the hammers and drills start the 2-3 month process of destroying the internal structure to redecorate with the water and other services being turned on and off ........

Not to mention the other seemingly unplanned hole digging around the buildings themselves  ........

Organized chaos ........     

Oh .........  !

Sounds like you need to move and don't live somewhere just built, buy when it is two to three years old then you can physically see what the structure is like after settling for that time. Also after that time most of the neighbours have already decorated so there is less noise ........

In addition it is just as easy to redecorate a used property and great fun knowing that you will put your new neighbours through the 2-3 months of construction noise  ........     

Oh ....... !

Take your own hammer and that way you can add to the cacophony .........  

Great fun .........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-26 18:20:37 |Display all floors
the most important thing is how to manage the cities and the population there. When only most of them are better looked after, then it is a happy thing. Otherwise more trouble than good stuff.
Teaching Maths with Calculus and Statistics in NZ

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-26 18:29:10 |Display all floors
jimlye Post time: 2012-1-26 18:20
the most important thing is how to manage the cities and the population there. When only most of the ...

I don't know how they manage already  .....

With so many people it is a massive undertaking .........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-26 18:40:44 |Display all floors
Totally agree. I heard there are lot of garbage piles around the capital though it looks beautiful in the city center. i suppose other cities facing the same problem. And it is only one of the problems. I relly hope that local governments can give empasis on the managing the cities rather than talking airs.
Teaching Maths with Calculus and Statistics in NZ

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.