Author: expatter

51% of Chinese Now Live in Cities. Well done China ............   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-18 22:06:03 |Display all floors
greatlady,

Good points.  It's not always a blessing to move to the city.

Right now what I have been seeing in my lifetime is all the small towns are just drying up.  People are abandoning them to find work in larger cities.

The town I grew up near was just voted 'most depressing city in america' - it's because there are no jobs and everyone has left for bigger cities.

The problem here is not with the cities ability to take in and find work for these folks, but it's the people left behind that have it the worst.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 22:59:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatlady at 2012-1-18 23:00
expatter Post time: 2012-1-18 21:56
Well .........

Still early days in relative terms  .........

Even  with personal wages increases, our life standards were increased too.

it was not balance for that, you know.

We also can't say that all farmers in China are leading a dog's life, not exactly.

Farmers in coastal area are leading much better life than those average workers in the cities.

I have one friend whose relative owns 7 acres of apple land last year and made around 80K RMB net income Min. ,it was really interesting & surprising for me ! Some farmers use their free time , esp in summer and winter , go out for short- time work , like work in fishery industries which made their life cosy...

Well, they just live in a stone or brick houses, if you ask them to move to cities, they would not go with you.

Such, Improving farmers and /or unskilled peoples' life, it really depends on the government' macro -adjusment policies in accordance with different area and different situation, we called it" 因地制宜”.

If we save enough land for farmers,  if we refuses to copy other country's pattern,eg.set up many high buildings and constructions(are that all necessary?),  we as Chinese would lead quiet a happy life soon.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 23:01:24 |Display all floors

To # 1

This post was edited by messi30 at 2012-1-18 23:02

I remember in some past posts you criticize strongly the western media but this time I'm glad to see you validating some of it's reports. this is a prove that not always western media is evil as i have read here many times. China has changed, you have changed, that's really nice.

Going to the point,  The government has to take new measures to control the migration to the cities, you can not convert a rural boy to a city boy in a short time. The differences of backgrounds in the new migrants with the city people could create problems as discrimination, rejection or exploitation in employment.

It need a good plan for the normal development of the city,  that means creating more jobs and adequate social services to balance well the living quality in the city and its population. It is a serious matter.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 23:06:53 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-18 22:06
greatlady,

Good points.  It's not always a blessing to move to the city.

Yeah, I can imagine a place without human beings, it will be like a ghost town.

In China, there are some dry area ,like Gansu, peoples who stay there are very hard life.
I am generally speaking.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 23:31:09 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-1-18 21:49
I understand your point now,very clear.
yeah, everyone wants to lead a better life, not only the f ...

You are totally right, sadly you didn't get a proper reply from expatter.

You are talking about a current problem, he talks about future, he said the wages in the East have rise high the last 6 years but he doesn't know (he didn't mention) the cost of life increase a lot, not in the same proportion as the wages, so we have a problem, your maid's example is more than clear. It's a serious issue.

We can celebrate the changes, success and improvements of China but certain topics should be discussed in details.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-18 23:48:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-1-18 23:48
messi30 Post time: 2012-1-18 23:01
I remember in some past posts you criticize strongly the western media but this time I'm glad to see ...

Messi .........

I can only comment on what I see .........

If there is lots of negative stuff then it should have space and also positive stuff  .......

A balance  .........

Yes ..........

Migration into cities in such a place like China must take place at a speed which is rational .........

Those who cite marginalization in migrant workers must first understand the sheer scale of the problem ........

I believe that Beijing is a good example  .......

From what I heard the predicted population for Being at this time was 14 million ........

It is now nearer to 20 million ........

Now that takes some serious adjustments  ...........   

Xin Nian Kuai Le  ............   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-18 23:51:32 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2012-1-18 23:31
You are totally right, sadly you didn't get a proper reply from expatter.

You are talking about  ...

And with respect all those rises affect the ability to garner or get the business in the first place  .......

Which is a current problem ..........

Unless of course you know different ...........   

Ask Zglobal that is why he is now doing business in Vietnam  ..........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.