Author: expatter

51% of Chinese Now Live in Cities. Well done China ............   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-18 18:18:11 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-18 18:12
what is so professional about a forum gate keeper?

I think it pays more than your wumao job  ..........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 18:25:16 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-18 18:18
I think it pays more than your wumao job  ..........

propagandists pay well in queen bee countries.

but what is so professional about forum gate keeper?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-18 18:36:40 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-18 18:25
propagandists pay well in queen bee countries.

One would have to assume that one would have to be extremely professional .........

In having to deal with anonymous posters who publish spurious nonsense and bigoted, extemporary, invective from within numerous mental care institutions located around the world .......

What's the name of your one ........   ?   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 18:55:02 |Display all floors
Boy, tough crowd here.

I've spoke with a number of Chinese living in the city who came from the country. And just about all of them I have spoken with have told me if the bubble, or economy ever takes a dive they will simply migrate back home to their rural homeland. That's what I meant by 10 million could drop to 5 million very quickly. We all know the Chinese know how to migrate in mass across their own country very fast; the current Spring Festival.

And once the farmers modernize their procedures to produce, the need for so many people required to farm will drop of course, too. This modernization is always occurring of course.

There are some horrible living conditions in the cities for the migrants too as has been mentioned. But these people are content for now in lieu of where they come from on the farms.

All that being as it is, the fortitude of the Chinese people can not be denied. Their determination to do what it takes for a better life for themselves as well as their children is admirable. Their achievements from within the government to help as they can to the migrant workers to make due is a lesson the world can learn from.

And did I mention that the women are beautiful too? Sorry, had to throw that in there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 19:11:48 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2012-1-18 18:55
Boy, tough crowd here.

I've spoke with a number of Chinese living in the city who came from the cou ...

Yes …..

That is one thing that was a saving grace when the economy dipped in this last financial meltdown, in that people who were suddenly out of work at least still had a place to go back to where they could grow food.

If farming modernizes to the extent of the more developed countries that would actually mean that the previous mentioned safety net might well disappear and would be quite dangerous in some ways.

I think Asians in general are a hardy lot and can put up with the most appalling conditions and still have the ability to shrug it off. Good examples were Chinese migrants on railways and mines in the 18th century.

Their determination to do what it takes for a better life for themselves as well as their children is admirable.

My personal feeling is that given the depth and magnitude of the problems facing China that in the last few decades the government has done a very good job and I applaud them for that.

And did I mention that the women are beautiful too? Sorry, had to throw that in there.

Definitely ........   

Unfortunately, my wife will not allow me to have one as a pet ........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 21:02:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-18 20:51
Voice_cd has weighed in  this once, coming down VERY hard on poor me...

It is not the case that  ...

That's a very reasoned response .........

And of course as with all things there are positive and negative aspects of a huge change like this in China  .......

I would also agree with you that maybe rural dwellers would from one point of view be better living their lives in a clean natural environment ........

But then they have to forgo the best choice of foods, education and medicine, and humans as in the rest of the world all want possessions and higher standards and see it as their right .....

Those rights are important and whilst some may be marginalised it is a shift that is happening ......

Those marginalised a decade ago are probably those who complain about the new migrants now .......

Only China's stability has been able to do this and let us hope that stability which is critical remains long enough for the rest of the country to benefit and start stepping up Maslow's Pyramid .....

After that aesthetics and esoterics aplenty when the time is right  ........     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 21:03:22 |Display all floors
I think China can maintain a balance between agriculture and urbanization.

We have a large agricultural base at home.  I'm not sure what percentage of populations live in the cities, but no one thinks of farmlands when they think of the US and we are mostly farmland if you look at the maps.

As farming becomes more efficient with the use of equipment and modern methods, it can be dealt with more like any other industry.  With advances comes more efficiency in farming.  

People can move to the cities without sacrificing agriculture.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.