Author: voice_cd

Share your stories about Chinese New year?[online]   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-20 09:06:07 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-19 23:42
This is so cool, I love the old ways, and think they should be preserved as much as possible.

Yes,but how cool it is you can't image.I try to make popcorn by myself without my grandpa's help when I back to my hometown last winter.My heart beat with excitement after a loud bang from the old heavy machine I hold,then all the popcorn throw out  into the sky with hot thick smog around.I had to pick it up patiently one by one when the popcorn fallen down on the ground here and there.My grandpa said nearby:"really an idiot"
It's my first but a failure indeed.
pass your success to the next generation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-20 09:17:44 |Display all floors
billykeya Post time: 2012-1-20 11:06
Yes,but how cool it is you can't image.I try to make popcorn by myself without my grandpa's help w ...

Well it could have been worse and less funny, but i think my imagination captured enough of the visual effects , I just use an electric popcorn maker, but would love to see one like your grandfathers one day, though I think i will keep a distance from it
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-20 10:57:52 |Display all floors
Childhood memory
1.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-20 16:07:09 |Display all floors
wish you all very happy new year,differents people have different culture and differents new year celebrating way. New year is the every people considering happy time good wishes time to each other. because everyone says good bye to the passed year and welcoming to the new year,and all the expect to have good time and prosperity time in coming new year.
Chinese new year i am also going back to my native place to do family reunion,as for me it is important to gethering all my family members,because in whole year we don't have much time spend together,every one going out in order to find out part time jobs,and we have to earn from out side.   so during the new year all the relatives might gethering in home ,hence it is best time to have fun with my family members. we are going to cook good food ,and have flavour food  and drinks .  Beside making dumpling is the important food during the family reunion times.  At the time all my near and dear ones gethering ,and our home is going to filled up by the cheerful,happiness,and lough.  
The spend near year in outside is so booring ,and specially feel loneliness, and missing much my home and village,so from my side it is important to go back home to spend the new year.
These day the new year is knocking ,and it is approaching,so all the sort of transportation is packed up and it is very hard to get the train ticket as well as air ticket. Hence not only me ,there are many people who are facing same problem of getting the tickets.  If i have wings i wanna fly using by my wings and energy ,  without any charge any troubles. But to the  flying i need wings of money to reach my hometown.
lastly but not least, wish you all very happy new year. if there is any kind of mistakes ,kindly excuse me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-20 16:22:07 |Display all floors
snowboy35 Post time: 2012-1-20 16:07
wish you all very happy new year,differents people have different culture and differents new year ce ...

Thank you! Wish you happy Chinese New Year, too.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-23 19:56:51 |Display all floors
The celebration of the chinese new year  for me  started on saturday evening.I was invited by the Confucious language center .For the ones who do not know what it is I want to inform you that Confucious center has its roots in Hanban.It is a large organisation with the target   the promotion of the chinese language .It has got a big center in athens .They have teacher from China who either live permanently in Greece like my teacher or come as visitors just for one year.
Confucious center hired a big chinese restaurant in Pireas are very close to where I live .
It was a magic evening.We were nearly two hundred people ,greek students and chinese teachers.

All the students were encouraged to take part in the creation of the dumplings.I have been quite familiar with dumplings and I can say I know how to make them but most of the greek students were not familiar so they got really fascinated.
The whole evening was spent with very good chinese food ,laughter and fun.
One chinese teacher sang chinese songs and all the students followed him.
Then the evening closed with a big surprise.There is one chinese man who teaches the greek language to the chinese people who live in Greece.It was such fun to listen to him singing greek songs and dance greek dances together with some greek who were willing to follow.
We were given some chinese calendars .
I was quite happy and enjoyed  myself  so much just watching the whole atmosphere.
I do not know what each person had in their mind but for me the satisfaction was great not only for the ceremony itself but mostly for the affection and love and warmth the whole evening had.
the two nations together Greek people and chinese were one family ,one company ,one heart one soul.That was very important for me ,that was what gave me satisfaction.
China in Greece is not an unknown world anymore.The greek people have started looking at China without the fear of the unknown and the strange and different country.The wqarmth and affectii0on both nations feel for each other was apparent in the greek and chinese faces.That was the message of the evening.Exactly that message made me so happy.
That happened on Saturdays evening..Now I am going to narrate you the celebration of the new year on Sunday.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-23 20:27:33 |Display all floors
On Sunday 22 my family and I were invited to spend the day and enjoy lunch together in my chinese friend's house.The lady who is married to a greek guy had started very early the whole preparation.I also visited her early so I could help her with the food.
I followed her instructions carefully how to cut the vegetables into very very small pieces.Then we fried and boiled the food.
She had also prepared huo guo.

It took us a lot of hours to prepare the food.I must confess that I was not a very quick assistant in the chinese food preparation.

The lady had made dumplings ,different kind of meat ,chicken ,a lot of vegetables,spring rolls,toufa.

The lady's son was so hungry because his mother and me were not quick with the food.He kept complaining .Then the whole problem was solved very soon when one chinese lady also arrived.She was also invited to lunch.
We had much fun at the table.We had greek wishes and chinese wishes ,greek wine and greek desserts at the end of the lunch.
We were nearly twenty people invited .most of us greek and also two chinese families.
My daughters were fascinated by the chinese food ,my daugher's fiance was amazed.
We watched the chinese tv programme all of us.I was so happy especially  with my daughers, who enjoyed the chinese food so much and expressed their admiration watching the chinese programme.
Just when the new year came ,my chinese friend switched on the computer and she talked to her parents and brother who had been waiting to see her and her family.They were so happy to talk and see each other.I was really touched because only me could see how much sad her father 's eyes were.e was smiling but I saw him that he was sad.It was obvious how much he would like to be with his daugher and his grandson.
Then to everybody's surprise I also talked to them in chinese and we exchanged many wishes and  I had a  small dialogue with them.The surprise was that the chinese understood me and they thanked us for keeping company to their daugher and be close to her and her family.
Everybody left one hour after the new year celebration while me I stayed with the family until late.
I knew that my chinese friend would cry if she had stayed only with her family.She does that every year so I stayed with her until very late ,I talked to her and played with her son until we felt sleepy and tired.
I am so happy I have given the chance to my family to get to know China.We the greek people had some fear about China.Fear and admiration at the same time.It did not take me much effort to convince my family about the warmth of the chinese people.
I was a very good influence for them.I am wondering how I could live in the past without China in my life.I will keep it for ever and do believe me in Greece I do my best for the greek people to realise and estimate the warmth and significance of China.I have already influenced so many greek.I am so happy to hear them have such a warm desire and  interest to visit China .
I am sending my wishes to all the chinese people for a china without problems and natural disasters .One china strong and healthy.
My warm regards from Greece.
Xilaren
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.