Author: aziz

London seeks major role in yuan trading   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-2 21:46:19 |Display all floors
A similar article was released / posted last week. Repeating to delight many:
  1. China to Make Shanghai Global Yuan Hub by 2015
  2. By REUTERS Published: January 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM ET

3. SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China intends to establish Shanghai as the global centre for yuan trading, clearing and pricing over the next three years as part of broader plans to make the commercial hub an international financial centre by 2020.
  4. The plan for Shanghai's financial innovations through 2015, published jointly by the country's economic planning agency and the Shanghai government on Monday, set goals on a wide range of areas aimed at further developing Shanghai, though some analysts said many of them appeared ambitious.
Copy code
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-2 22:10:03 |Display all floors
aa@edward Post time: 2012-2-2 21:46
A similar article was released / posted last week. Repeating to delight many:

As it ought to be...

Don't mind those silly forum people making silly suggestions.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 04:40:12 |Display all floors
The London bankers see a great opportunity to get rich at the expense of their US cousins dollars.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 07:15:40 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-2-2 06:55
Hong Kong would never employ... what?

Amazing how people re-write history to their ad ...

I was born in HOng Kong too and it has always been 'Chinese and English' language skill required.  Never Native English speakers only.  I think you must read one ad in 10 years in SMCP that an English company was looking for a 'Native English' speaker to work at the top job.  I doubt you were born in Hong Kong, in face, by the way you were so supported Shanghai, I wondered if you were actually born in Shanghai instead? ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 07:18:29 |Display all floors
Pirate89 Post time: 2012-2-2 23:16
Good point!  

China is in the process of internationalization of RMB, so it needs many  ...

Good point too.  But China do not need LSE, they can use Hong Kong and then link with Europe instead, a much reliable trading partnership.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-3 08:58:21 |Display all floors

Vote for Shanghai, China.

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-2-3 09:00
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-2-3 07:15
I was born in HOng Kong too and it has always been 'Chinese and English' language skill required.  ...

And u must be very young not to know. Things have changed a wee bit, but I remember.
That was something the Anglo gweilos did, I remember that and many, many other things.
I am 4th generation Hongker, lineage treaceable.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-4 10:34:05 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-2-3 08:58
And u must be very young not to know. Things have changed a wee bit, but I remember.
That was somet ...

Hmm... I don't think so.  It has always been bi-lingual in HK.  Native English speaker needed was usually created by some English companies looking for top management in the old colonial time. I must say I'm glad things have changed now that so many Hong Kong people are at the top management now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.