Author: aziz

London seeks major role in yuan trading   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-23 01:17:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-1-23 01:18

Oh sure, it'll benefit London and I've no problems with that, but how many opportunities and jobs will that generate for Chinese? Do you see many Chinese working in these major European banks? They will give jobs to people from anywhere else as long as they are not Chinese.
The general trend is to benefit from China's rise whilst limiting opportunites for all Chinese.
Slowly the jigsaw puzzle is put together and Chinese can see it for what it is.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-1 05:31:28 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-23 01:17
Oh sure, it'll benefit London and I've no problems with that, but how many opportunities and jobs wi ...

The job opportunities would be for English people only no chance they would want Chinese to work in the UK.   That is why it is no benefit to HK or China if the currency linked to London, making no sense at all.  HK and Shanghai should work together on the currency entering the International market with other partners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-1 06:11:06 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-2-1 05:31
The job opportunities would be for English people only no chance they would want Chinese to work i ...

Hong Kong would stipulate "Native English speakers only need apply", that condition has been there since I was a kid.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-2 06:29:33 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-2-1 06:11
Hong Kong would stipulate "Native English speakers only need apply", that condition has been there ...

Hong Kong never would employ "Native English speakers only need apply"  In fact, it always has been English and Chinese speakers need apply"  if the jobs are in Hong Kong.  If the jobs are in London, then it will be "Native English need apply only" for top management jobs and "Chinese can apply" for junior jobs.  So why choose London when China is going to pay their own pocket of money?! It doesn't make sense. London is full of foreigners, but still English people keep the top jobs mostly.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-2 06:55:13 |Display all floors

Shanghai, China, is home to the RMB

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-2-2 06:56

Hong Kong would never employ... what? {:soso_e114:}

Amazing how people re-write history to their advantage. I was born in Hong Kong and I read those ads, so yeah, I was a witness to history unfolding in Hong Kong and those were the ads: "native English speakers only need apply". In view of that attitude, I cannot support Hong Kong as an international center for trading the RMB.

I support Shanghai, China as the international trading center for the RMB.

Shanghai is an international city and port, has excellent telecommunication facilities, good public transport and it is home to the RMB.

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-2 07:04:30 |Display all floors

Silly to suggest London or Hong Kong

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-2-2 07:07

Do we Chinese demand that Shanghai be the international trading center for Sterling or the Euros?

Silly forum person making silly suggestion!

As a concialiatory gesture to Hong Kong, by all means Hong Kong can be the international trading center fallback for the Hong Kong Dollar in case London is busy with the Olympics.{:soso_e100:}
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-2 21:17:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by verdane at 2012-2-2 21:18
cestmoi Post time: 2012-2-1 06:11

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.