Author: edisonone

A must read for the laowei's who does not give us the credit due   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-24 10:26:35 |Display all floors
Good info thanks Ed, but this is hardly new news. As the article says, China is 3rd after the US and Russia.....no big news there either. Since the 80's, do you really think the US has been sitting still on this technology? Or Russia? No! I think China didn't sit still either but this is hardly enough to shout and beat the collective militaristic Chinese chest and crow..."we can do this or that". As smiithi said, there are many many things you and I don't know about the militaries of the major powers but...you can guarantee that somewhere in the US, or Russia, the technology has moved far beyond that which China proclaims it has mastered.
Shooting down satellites is old news as well....systems redundancy kind of neutralises that issue. If you can't see it, you can't shoot or kill it....might pay to bear that in mind, which the US no doubt has since they made that saying up!
Now, on a positive note....congratulations to Mr Zhao....he has served his country well....and whether or not I like what he did, credit must go where it's due.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 10:33:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by scrotymcbugerba at 2012-1-24 10:34
warrigal Post time: 2012-1-24 10:08
well perhaps the Shuttle could have brought some back. Then there are our seas to clean, and, and  ...

yes some times i think i would rather live like an amish person than have all the pollution and trash our "advanced"  societies create .the small trouble there is methods. materials that are common in the trash in our households make up the very thing that combined in advanced ways lets us stop the cycles of waste that trap us in consumer based pollution frenzys
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 11:21:56 |Display all floors
scrotymcbugerba Post time: 2012-1-24 10:33
yes some times i think i would rather live like an amish person than have all the pollution and tra ...

I agree completely, IT SHALL BE DONE, THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:00:07 |Display all floors
warrigal Post time: 2012-1-24 11:21
I agree completely, IT SHALL BE DONE, THERE IS NO OTHER ANSWER.

it has to be done but what about gdp. i mean american consumerism mindset is an encredibly powerful ecomic push that when shut off like we are talking about , imean it wont happen all at once or even very soon but people are starting to go back to the farming life style and i think that in the end those that wait too long can be stuck working in cities with no way to earn enough to get setup ,and then there are the third world countries that still have farmers that missed the tech revolution that are right back where they started
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:46:42 |Display all floors
scrotymcbugerba Post time: 2012-1-24 12:00
it has to be done but what about gdp. i mean american consumerism mindset is an encredibly powerfu ...

PLEASE, do not worry, when we as individuals finally realize we are trapped on planet earth, we will demand to vote. Already most countries record the DNA of infants. I am sure the huge chip buried in my PASSPORT contains much information that I can only imagine in my wildest of dreams. GDP, OECD, USA, consumerism, WHO, military, multinationals, olligarcy, etc. are just words invented to subdue the masses. Kicking is not the only way to vote, walking is always an alternative.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 14:35:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-1-23 22:37
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-23 18:26
Good info thanks Ed, but this is hardly new news. As the article says, China is 3rd after the US and ...

No beating of the collective militaristic Chinese chest, Kiwi. I mean you know me better than that, and I you, of course.

You and I, Kiwi, are men with open minds about all of the There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. that are around us.

Unlike the Laughing@you's and the Banito's of America who still lives in Clint Eastwood's "Go ahead, make my day" state of ill fated macho American fantasy when dealing with [a China that is not anymore the China of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's], you at least are not ignoring the possibility of what China, possibly, is capable of in this newest of millennium and that shows that, unlike others, that you have intelligence of mind and spirirt.  

Yes, America is not sleeping, neither are the Russians, that said, neither are the Chinese @ their fiesta naps either as their ASAT and their ABM tests had shown and surprised all of us. But does everyone else share this intelligent state of mind? No, not in my understanding of the one sided argument -- not debates -- we encounters here.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 14:41:02 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-1-24 13:35
No beating of the collective militaristic Chinese chest, Kiwi. I mean you know me better than that, ...

When I wrote that line Ed, I wasn't referring to you as, of course, I know you're not like that.
As for the rest of your post, well said and agreed!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.