Author: Hmoonhistorian

China need to get rid of the one child policy and let China grow   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-19 04:38:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 04:44:53 |Display all floors
I was correcting the post by Hmoonhistorian, that Asians could just come to the stolen two continents at anytime.

All Asians, and not just Chinese since the 1500 did not possessed big modern gunships to go to thes two continents.

Right and you were correct in what you stated about it.  

What I don't understand is why chinese aren't grateful for all that.

At least you don't have to carry that guilt around.  That is what I don't get.

Complaining about not having the chance to colonize seems hypocritical to me.

And all Asians, not just Chinese came to these two stolen continent with only the permission by greedy hyena for better life like any other human being.

But Europeans went to these two continents with the sole aim and had the ability with it, to plunder, and the ultimate aim to exterminate the original inhabitants and stole their land.

That's the differnce between the Asians and the Europeans.
Both did not possessed the same aim and ability.

The majority of europeans came here for the very same reason the chinese were coming.  For opportunities.  

It was those in charge of policy that are to blame and that has to be distinguished here.

When the chinese exclusion act went down, that was also the time the real genocide against the native americans occured.  

So, the chinese should feel thankful not to of been mixed up in all that.

Why would you want that in your history?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 04:47:58 |Display all floors
The native americans fate had nothing to do with Asians.

You're right.....but did you ever stop to think that to the native american....all immigrants were invaders and none of them gave any regards to them, asian or european.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 05:11:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 05:51:28 |Display all floors
I know that this is a sensitive topic, so I will try and tread carefully.

Let me pose just one question "Should Japan have a one child policy?"
My figures are taken from here;

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0934666.html

Japan has a debt to GDP ratio of 220% and population density of  836 per square mile. The population density is quite high, but not as high as South Korea (1,288) or India (954). Compare this with China that current has a debt to GDP ratio of 17.7% and a population density of 365.

Japan is currently reliant upon nuclear energy to sustain its economy as it has very few (if any natural carbon fuel resources). Despite the Fukushima disaster, the government is not seriously engaged in relocating those affected, nor is it intending changing its dependency on nuclear energy. To sustain its existing economy it has very little choice other than to continue its existing policies, as its government debt levels are too high. What if its population was considerably lower, and it could sustain itself on renewable energy? With increasing population there comes a point where it becomes increasingly difficult to sustain the population without degrading the environment.

Future wars may not be manpower intensive. With ICBM's, drones, and the development of robotics and artificial intelligence, military effectiveness may not be limited by manpower, only by technology and the economic base to support it.

It is not obvious that a countries best interests lie in high population densities. Neither is it obvious that future wars are dependent on manpower alone.

Obviously every individual wants reproductive freedom. This is only natural. Individual rights, and the policy of the state ( and common interest ) are not always aligned.

Once a population level is reached that is sustainable without excessive consumption of resources ( or over-dependence upon foreign sources of energy ) is reached, a 2 child policy would be sensible to maintain those population levels. Maybe this is the compromise between state and individual that may serve both the common interests and those of the individual, since the maintenance of state independence is also an important to the long term interests of the individual.

I am not advocating that China should have a one-child policy, and the rest of the world should not. Ultimately I think that all states may have to adopt policies that reach a balance between the rights of the individual and the needs of the state.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:01:03 |Display all floors

RE: China need to get rid of the one child policy and let China grow

SpaceAlien Post time: 2012-1-16 01:00
When China fails, I want to profit off of it: I want to be sure I make tons of money.
When China fails, I want to profit off of it: I want to be sure I make tons of money.
You are not alone. There are already many like you in China.
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 09:10:43 |Display all floors
If China needs to kill some evil aliens. Please kill SpaceAlien first.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.