Author: wuzhaohua

where are there so many women who can't find a husband?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-16 17:44:13 |Display all floors
good thread.

There are many females than males in China, so that main part of females esp. those who were received higher education become Shengnv ( left without bfs and husbands).
But, no worries, they lead a better life than those who got married.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-16 18:32:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by superkylin at 2012-1-16 20:43

edited for double posting {:soso_e106:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-16 18:35:22 |Display all floors
I read this one some time ago, think it will solve your question.
Asia's lonely hearts-economist, i think this article got some points. http://www.economist.com/node/21526350

And for girls...who haven't married while being pressured...

Most of them, at certain age start suffering slanderous pressure coming from society, propaganda machine of media start running and their parents, neihbours transferring pressure on them, that they have to get married 'in time', otherwise they should feel ashamed and called "leftovers"(that's the first discrimination from mainstream media)

Then they have to go for endless blind dates arranged by parents and in the end marry someone they don't love but "conditions" suitable. Have kids, if not she will be blamed by her husband's family and her own parents (that's second discrimination about having kids from marriage family)
After that, during maternity they will sarcrifice around at least half a year absence from work, and after that discrinimation in age and promotion at work.(that's third discrimination in career and society)

Then under pressure from her husband/and his family kids become their only goal in life, they won't care about work and compete,creation or so. They only revolving around their kids taking care of feeding them, changing paper diapers...because if any sign shows the kid is not well breeded, it is always his mom to blame, while her man, getting rid of necessary family responsibilities, they go and realise their dreams and goals in life. Because according to men's propaganda, they are still popular despite of growing aged.(which is totally untrue)

So by far, why would sane girl would want to marry, under this condition?
Anyway, thats most of my married female colleagues' normal life like, and they even married to someone they love, still they are less happier, got less time for fun, and constantly envious of us.

But it also depends on your friends circle, in my girl friends circle only 1 out of 5 just get married, and she's a typical good obedient girl who works for government, whenever we hang out, travelling, she always get stuck with her man like Siamese twins. I think rest of us will not consider marriage till got 30 y/o or even later...

What i believe is, the freedom of choice and respect for diversity are very important, more than anything, if you get married early it's ok, if you don't want marriage it's ok,no one discriminate one another. So do not ask "why don't you get married?"

But the society is imposing a standarized, unified and only value on all of us, diversed people, so we can think and work like some people from 1984? If we were all believed there's only one unified goal in life, then fisherman finds it much easier to make the lure.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-16 23:20:47 |Display all floors
BTW...all Chinese woman are BEAUTIFUL....and the Men......NOT SO GOOD LOOKING......
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-17 00:06:52 |Display all floors
ThaT'S WHY THEY ALL LOVE ME

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-17 23:55:47 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 10:50:35 |Display all floors
both the society and ourselves should responsible for the problem,we are afraid of get married because of the cost to get married,there are many benefits to be single,as chinese old saying goes, A person eats to the full, entire family not hungry,without marriage,you are the whole family

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.