Views: 6345|Replies: 8

Translation Contest [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-11 14:41:14 |Display all floors

Dear members,

Thanks for your long support for our forum,we appreciate it very much.  To encourage even more participation, the China Daily Forum now introduces to you an exciting translation contest series!

Format of the contest: Anyone who wishes to enter the competition is required to translate a short conversation on a Chinese cartoon into English. To post your entry, simply reply to the thread with the cartoon.

Duration of the contest: This contest series will be a weekly one. A cartoon will be posted every week. The whole competition is expected to last for a year.

Award: A total of 200 credits will be awarded for the best translation each week. A panel of judges will decide which one is the best. More surprise awards are in store!

Panel of Judges: expatter, jl2315, seneca.To make the contest a more interactive experience, we have invited a panel solely made up of our forum members.

Deadline for Entries: 10 am every Monday. To faciliate the judges' attempts to make comments on every entry (so that later entries will not get an unfair advantage over previous ones), a deadline for entries have been set.

A brief word on the Chinese cartoon series: Named “I’m mad for a house!”, this series is drawn by the award-winning Chinese cartoonist Hao Yanpeng.

Normally we post the cartoon on Wednesday for translation and will announce the winner on the next Tuesday.

To post your entry for contest series No. 1, click http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=727021&page=1&extra=#pid2545735

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-11 21:05:17 |Display all floors
The competition will draw the attention only to those who can read chinese.The rest will be onlooker.

My idea is it will not attract many's attention.

Rather you may arrange some cartoon with blank dialog box.The dialogue box will be filled up by the forum member.This have much creativity.The members have freedom to show up their calibre.

This section is under English study section and only related person will participate.My above idea is for all forumities  who can join there in a easy way.I think both ideas can go together.

Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 21:12:07 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2012-1-11 21:05
The competition will draw the attention only to those who can read chinese.The rest will be onlooker ...

Thanks for your advice. It's quite interesting and we may try it our for later activities.

However, for now, we might have to stick to this Chinese cartoon series.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-12 04:44:52 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-1-11 21:12
Thanks for your advice. It's quite interesting and we may try it our for later activities.

Howeve ...

Why not just leave the 'speech' space empty for Chinese or English speakers to reply there-in.
Therefore onlookers will see the cartoon, with the posters words there-on

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 14:51:20 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2012-1-11 21:05
The competition will draw the attention only to those who can read chinese.The rest will be onlooker ...

Although your idea is quite brilliant, I must also say that this is in fact a good chance to learn Chinese.

While I understand little of the conversation, a wild guess -- not dissimilar to your idea, right? -- is also fun, isn't it?
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-12 16:42:29 |Display all floors
The initiative appreciated by me for the grate sake of english learners or vis a vis.
But it is under a education system for particular person.So keep blank policy would not bring the desired result who designed the method.

My second option for all is just for fun and show up the merits about what happening around him.Like Obama had a speech yesterday which the catoon shows in a modified way.The person intends to fillup the empty section must gather the idea what Obama really said.

A cartoon always show the funny way of somebody or something happens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-10 09:59:10 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.