Author: timbatu

Historical Documents of US Sinophobia 美国反华历史文档   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-25 10:35:39 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-1-25 09:55
And what of the gentlemen's agreement with the Japanese during the same era? Is the US also japa-p ...

LaughsatYou, the biggest mistake in your thread is that you equate democracy with freedom. The two are not related. I have posted the thread on NDAA 2012 and you have not responded.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:36:59 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-1-25 10:35
Note that I myself am technically an immigrant, my father is actually illegal. I'm not of anglo-engl ...

You are proud because you are treated as "one of us" in the US. You never experience the exclusion and racism we minorities have to face daily in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:39:28 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-1-25 10:05
I see a small inequality here that makes me scratch my head. You scream of racism towards chinese ba ...

LaughsatYou, is it not self-evident that FAR MORE Europeans have migrated to the US? China's population has always been larger than that of the entire Europe. China's population was one third of the world in 1800 and one fifth of the world in 2000.

Why does the US media never propagate a fear of White immigrants?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:43:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:46:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:47:29 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2012-1-25 10:43
For reference I can count Koreans, Japanese, Chileans, Argentinians, Persian, Italian, German, Engli ...

American immigration policies are one of the great examples of her closeness and institutionalized racism. Many Americans believe their nation is open. They even mistake China as the side restricting immigrants and exchange students to the US. The reality is that the US policies institutionally favour people from majority White-race nations.

Countries like China are given the same immigration quota as tiny nations like Iceland, or Switzerland, or Lithuania, or Holland or Belgium. Imagine - China with 1.3 billion people is given the same number of allowable immigrants as Lithuania. Chinese and Indians are singled out. Because they have a lot more people naturally, the Chinese and Indian are not allowed to apply for residency and citizenship for 5 or more years. Anyone from a mostly Caucasian nation, from the UK, Sweden to Australia, is not subject under the same ban or curtail.

This institutionalized close-door policy is the US Visa Bulletin. Do a search on the US Visa Bulletin yourself. I think the unfair close-door policy is a shame, just like the profound racism in US culture.

To make this matter clear, I have drawn an equitable chart showing the number of immigrants. The volume under each line tells the number of immigrants to the US. Europeans lead by absolute numbers - FAR FAR exceeding the number of Chinese. The top blue line is the grand total - "All Countries".

My data is from the US congress. However, they used an "add on" chart which can be quite misleading for those with poor mathematical capabilities.

Notice, there is no Chinese in the chart. It is all Asians combined. Among all Asian immigrants to the US, Filipinos, Vietnamese and even Koreans all far exceed the number of Chinese immigrants allowed.

For those who know mathematics, look at the curve of Europeans vs Asians right after 1981. You see the Asian curve is brutally leveled while the European curve jumped upward. This truthfully reflects the racist US Visa Bulletin that explicitly discriminates Chinese immigrants, to the extend of mathematically changing the natural trend - at the cost the pain and suffering of Chinese immigrants in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-25 10:49:07 |Display all floors
I want to ask one simple question:
Is it not self-evident that more Europeans have migrated to North America?

China with her population greater than Europe only account for 1% population in the USA while Europeans count for 80%. One would wonder why is that!

The answer is profoundly racist Chinese Exclusion Act.

The news from a small agency feeds into a Sinophobia frenzy which is created by the Christian hatred against nonreligious Chinese culture. The article supplies not statistical data. When you look at statistics, you see a real Sinophobia in the US immigration policy. The current US Visa Bulletin gives whites close to 100 times more opportunity to become American than it gives the Chinese. Europeans can come to the US legally and freely, while Chinese subject to severe restriction. This inequality gives favors to White Europeans over Chinese. What a shocking racist reality of the 21st century. The man-made inequality is deeply rooted in Christian Sinophobia and the profoundly racist culture of the European Americans. It is a reality that every Chinese living in North America experience on a daily basis.

Yes, this Sinophobia is not targeted at the Chinese government. This racist resentment is squarely aimed at Ethnic Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.