Author: timbatu

Historical Documents of US Sinophobia 美国反华历史文档   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-24 11:36:39 |Display all floors
let nobody be fooled by timbatu's sympathy ploys

I have caught him maliciously lying, fabricating data used in his "graphs" and use of phony pictures

I'd be delighted to see some of the substance of his allegations of terrorism and his car etc

For there is simply no end to his hateful lies here on the BBS
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:11:50 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-24 11:27
As I've said before Tim, I'm really and truly sorry that you've had to go through that and still g ...

If you feel uncomfortable about me being "negative", then, do you happen to notice: that the entire Western media is that negative about China. Something is wrong. Maybe, your place of worship should stop preaching religious bigotry to begin with.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:28:39 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-1-24 10:36
let nobody be fooled by timbatu's sympathy ploys

I have caught him maliciously lying, fabricating d ...

I'm going to give tim the benefit of the doubt on this because it isn't the first time he's said this to me and the story was the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:32:15 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-1-24 11:11
If you feel uncomfortable about me being "negative", then, do you happen to notice: that the entir ...

I am not uncomfortable with your negative side and if what you say is true, then I can certainly understand it but you can't equate your life with what is said in the media about China. Ever notice how China is continuously warning the western nations about this and that.....how we seem to be blamed for China's problems, past and present?
I don't go to church and when I did, in my youth, there was certainly no bigotry preached in any form. Maybe it happens in some churches, I can't say...but I've never seen or heard it in any church I've been to...and, BTW, I hate churches. i\I can be christian and hate churches you know!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 13:11:40 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-24 12:32
I am not uncomfortable with your negative side and if what you say is true, then I can certainly u ...

You cannot detect the Sinophobia in churches is, but, a testimony revealing your own Sinophobia. It is not because these churches do not preach Sinophobia; it is because you agree and see the Sinophobic lies are truth. You have fully revealed your mindset.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 13:13:33 |Display all floors
To the poster behind ExportedKiwi, imagine what will happen if your pastor preaches the following:

China does not abuse Protestant Christians. Asking all churches to register is a reasonable law. Christians must learn to respect other cultures and authorities. You can claim your "God" is above all. But you are crossing a boundary. Imagine your neighbor demand all your house and land to be below his son - his claimed God. Obviously you would see him as unreasonable. This is exactly what Christianity is doing in China. We Chinese do not believe in your God. Your God is a myth created in your own culture. You have no right to impose your culture onto others. It is funny to see Westerners worship their childhood indoctrination all their lives and passionately push such nonsense onto others.

You can claim your "God" is above all. But you are crossing a boundary. Imagine your neighbor demand all your house and land to be below his son - his claimed God. Obviously you would see him as unreasonable. This is exactly what Christianity is doing in China. We Chinese do not believe in your God. Your God is a myth created in your own culture. You have no right to impose your culture onto others. It is funny to see Westerners worship their childhood indoctrination all their lives and passionately push such nonsense onto others. IMHO, you have no clue about China and its society. See, where should I start: the Chinese government is nonreligious. It does not endorse or act against religion. It is neutral. All religions must register and be approved by such government authority. No foreign power should reign above such Chinese governmental function. After all, religion and your God are myths unique to your culture.

The so-called "religious freedom" is a Christian value that is foreign to Chinese civilization. One would wonder why Western parents are tolerated to brutally brainwashing their children with the Christian doctrines. Psychologically, this practice traumatize children. But the Christian West have a very narrow view point and their Christian faith-based approach repels science and rationality. I strongly urge the US government to immediately stop forcing everyone to chant Ghod in its Pledge of Allegiance. The West needs to have complete religious freedom. People should have freedom not to believe in a god. It's not the job of the state to force people what to believe.

To those claiming its own church preaches love: of course the Christian or Catholic churches do not explicitly ask flowers to hate China or Chinese. What it does is spread false accusations and groundless rumors. When the Christian churches tell its followers that China persecute Christians - the result is Sinophobia among church goers. When such accusations are false and the stories missing major part, these preachings are indeed preaching hatred. Christians lack the basic language skill to understand China. Christians also lack the basic openness to embrace nonbelieving cultures. When such a biased view against China is indoctrinated to children, the result is profound Sinophobia and irrational hostility against China.

Earlier this year, I went to a church story telling session. One story is a Chinese Evangelical Pastor converted to lord "Jesus" was imprisoned by Chinese commy. I went to check the Chinese record: the person had sex with 3 women. One husband found out and brought a knife to the farm house. Then the so-called Christian pastor killed the husband. The Christian news omitted all the detail but posed a story that Christians are persecuted in China. The reason for such stories is because Western news reporters are profound Christians and profoundly Sinophobia. They try to seek and manufacture stories fit their religious doctrine. Facts do not matter to them because they use faith - blind faith and they reject facts.

American churches occasionally assail China, witnessed by their evangelical programs supported by cable TV. However, as a Chinese person entering their Christian church, things are different. The persistent and main topics are always their deep faith in Chinas persecution of religion. Through these experiences, I have a grand picture of the mindset of their Christian faith. Christian churches pretty much bash everything, except for themselves. They do not really respect fact or science. They believe themselves are victims. Even the war in Iraq cannot start to shake this belief. When I talk back, I receive furious anger and the typical response: why dont you go home. Christians believe others only have the right to be quiet and listen, while they have all the rights to preach to others. Once a pastor in NY said in a service: we allow the Chinese to come to our nation. They dont believe in Jesus. They will go to hell. I stood up and left in front of him. I feel he does not know facts, and he does not want to know facts. I feel these Christians are like a brick wall of lacking knowledge. Christians must learn to respect fact. The Christian churches must stop preaching intolerance and self-supremacy. The US must learn to respect diversity and nonbelievers. From my personal experience, there is no hope in sight. From the US legal system to everyday life, race and religion are dominating how people choose friends and play the game.

Many Westerners see themselves as loving and tolerant Christians.

But when a Chinese person in the West speaks a simple fact: that it feels China treats its people better; the immediate and overwhelming response is  to ask the Chinese to go home. This Western response is accompanied by intense furor, as if the Chinese people has threatened their faith.

Analysis:
Many Westerners have firm faith that China is bad from eating dogs to a lack a religious freedom. Their faith based Sinophobia is ignorant, groundless and mostly wrong. But the Western media, religious institutions and school teachers convey Sinophobia to Westerners when they are very young children. The result is a profound Sinophobia that is irrational but stubborn like rock-hard faith. Even a slight suggestion of a counter example incurs irrational steam and intense furor.

Observing such behavior patterns, most Chinese living in the West feel uncomfortable in their interactions with Westerners, especially Christians, on a daily basis. The Chinese are forced to decry China, against their sincere observations, because otherwise the Chinese livelihood can be cut immediately. The angry Westerners are not just rednecks; they can have very high level of educastion and hold very high office.

Similar to the hot-button issues of racism and inequality, there is no protection to any Chinese who dare to speak their sincere observations. The Western audiences are observed to be arrogant, self-supremacist and extremely ignorant. We Chinese living in the West feel a stringent lack of speech freedom; a severe lack of religious tolerance and a powerful and profound Sinophobia.

After all the excuses, the Western Christian Sinophobia is rooted in their racist faith that casts China as in eternal poverty and inferiority. This is why I say religion is a vehicle of bigotry, racism, white-supremacy and Sinophobia.

I hope most on the ignorant Chinese side can fully understand the case.

Because Sinophobia is taught to the Americans during childhood, it is part of their Christian faith. The Chinese need to understand that faith is irrational. Further, faith repels rationality. Faith is to rely on a belief and to maintain a belief without supporting evidence. A faithful is well practiced to ignore facts. I personally witness intelligent Christians who cannot even understand the arguments of evolution. Their way of faith-based method is so strong, they close up to everything except for their church and bible. This is the profound and irrational Sinophobia that most Chinese witness in the USA.

To make it worse, the US culture rely heavily on race. I personally know a white-looking person with a father from Venezuela and his grandfather that is black. But he is treated as one-of-us in the US; much better than a friend of mine who has a white American father and a Korean mother. It is this race and religion based stubbornness and the irrational faith-based Sinophobia that the Chinese do not really understand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 17:48:07 |Display all floors
more cut and pasted garbage

you clearly neglect what happened to christians in the "cultural revolution" - expelled, tortured, killed

nobody believes your lies
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.